Expedition Squared build

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Sold this thing back in January. I think I had a case of electrolysis in the cooling system. I was going thru radiators faster than I was changing the oil. Just had enough. It was a great truck. But each month when I make a payment on the replacement, I miss it a little bit.

I’ve been making the Explorer more capable on road. It will be my dedicated offroad camping rig. There’s a thing about having 2 project vehicles: the project vehicle budget is smaller for each. This Expedition was starting to be really needy.

Replacement is a 2014 Expedition. If it ventures off pavement, I’ll park next to a Honda Accord at the final destination. New Expedition is smoother, quieter, more comfortable than the 2000.

Attachments

• 2472A353-5366-4951-B220-E5AF5E5DDC72.jpeg
    2472A353-5366-4951-B220-E5AF5E5DDC72.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32

6gun

Sold this thing back in January. I think I had a case of electrolysis in the cooling system. I was going thru radiators faster than I was changing the oil. Just had enough. It was a great truck. But each month when I make a payment on the replacement, I miss it a little bit.

I’ve been making the Explorer more capable on road. It will be my dedicated offroad camping rig. There’s a thing about having 2 project vehicles: the project vehicle budget is smaller for each. This Expedition was starting to be really needy.

Replacement is a 2014 Expedition. If it ventures off pavement, I’ll park next to a Honda Accord at the final destination. New Expedition is smoother, quieter, more comfortable than the 2000.

Hate to hear ya had trouble with it! Especially since I just signed a $1700 WO for a trans rebuild in my '97! I struggled with that considering that's over 50% of book value but it's a pretty nice ride that I really love, plus that's cheaper than any payment I could get on anything similar.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter

Nice! I always liked the 3rd gen Expeditions. 2014 = 5.4 I presume? (Seems weird to me that Ford never put the Coyote 5.0 in the Expedition.)

Looks like you pulled your rack off the old Expedition - it bolted right on, huh?

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Nice! I always liked the 3rd gen Expeditions. 2014 = 5.4 I presume? (Seems weird to me that Ford never put the Coyote 5.0 in the Expedition.)

Looks like you pulled your rack off the old Expedition - it bolted right on, huh?

I looked at the ecoboosts, but they were priced a little higher than I really wanted to spend.

Yep, old roof rack transferred over pretty easy. This is now the 3rd vehicle that rack has been installed on. I love that rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl

Members online