Expedition Trophy 2007

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Poor Mark. Expect to see his screen name change very soon, as he was utterly unable to decipher one of the scrambled words on the nav course signs: torpsnart. (Did anyone ever figure out the entire phrase?)

Here's James Langan at speed in his very cool 4Runner. He would have been even faster if he'd had a fleeing felon to chase around the course.

James1.jpg

James2.jpg

James3.jpg

Wanderlusty

Explorer
articulate said:
Question: did anyone find my torpsnart? It's red with a lever in the raised position. I left it at camp 1 somewhere.

I think Scott had it stuck in his hat with those little umbrella things....:friday:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
windy said:
What a blast!! Thanks to Scott and all the coordinators for the vision and ambition to put this together.
And what a great group of individuals you all are. All you Expedition rallyers are great!
Maybe next year we'll see more ladies, or even have a women's competition event!

Hi Windy!

Let's do a women's TEAM - we'll beat the guys, and look better doing it, too. We don't need no separate competition :shakin:

I'm thinking I might have to wear something zebra.

windy

Observer
DesertRose said:
Hi Windy!

Let's do a women's TEAM - we'll beat the guys, and look better doing it, too. We don't need no separate competition :shakin:

I'm thinking I might have to wear something zebra.

Let's do it, Sistah! We can color coordinate AND beat the sand course! :exclaim:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
windy said:
Let's do it, Sistah! We can color coordinate AND beat the sand course! :exclaim:

I think there will be multiple women's teams . . . Desertgirl teaches driving and overlanding, and there is a lot of interest from others, too.

So let's plan on several teams next year.

The people involved in the planning couldn't compete this year, so let's be sure we figure out a way they can get involved, too.

Rock FJ

Observer
Hey guys, it has been a pleasure to meet you all. It has been a great week and very happy to bring the trophy back home, but even more important, to bring all those memories and have met all those new friends at the trophy.

It was great to work with Lance (besides the free cigars :) ) and we had no idea that we won until the night of the prizes. We will sure be the defending champions for the next event, so prepare your team........:rally_guys:

I'm sure I will see some of you in a dirt road near you pretty soon, one year is too long!

My name is Jean-Pierre by the way, but everyone calls me JP.

Thanks everyone it has been an awesome trip !!!!!!!!!!!!! See you soon !!!

windy

Observer
DesertRose said:
I think there will be multiple women's teams . . . Desertgirl teaches driving and overlanding, and there is a lot of interest from others, too.

So let's plan on several teams next year.

The people involved in the planning couldn't compete this year, so let's be sure we figure out a way they can get involved, too.

Agreed. There definitely doesn't seem to be a lack of interest. I would be confident in teaching some driving skills as well if the need is there.
At any rate, maybe those of us who did all the playing this year can help organize next year, thus freeing up some organizers to do a little playing themselves.

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
articulate said:
Question: did anyone find my torpsnart? It's red with a lever in the raised position. I left it at camp 1 somewhere.

Isn't the torpsnart that thing that smells like updog? I'm pretty sure I've seen one right next to the matterdaddy.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
The complete list of words on the nav signs:

uoyr veerl tiinosop ni eht "erais" tilhif tropnarst ryuo thwi waalsy kjca

When unscrambled, it reveals an elementary bit of practical 4WD wisdom. Note: a word can be used more than once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven