Expeditions West: Western States ARB Adventure

Scott Brady

Founder
Stephanie and I are leaving next Thursday for a five day adventure in the Western US. If any of you will be in the areas we are playing, let me know. Guaranteed magazine time in Off-Road and 4WD Toyota Owner.

Thursday (2/9): Fly from Phoenix to Seattle, WA.

Friday (2/10): From there, we are traveling to the new ARB facility in Renton, WA to tour the plant and take possession of their 2004 ARB 4x4Runner:
IMG_1880.JPG

We are going to start driving late Friday to Idaho Via HWY 90/82/84. Staying in Ontario Oregon that night.

Saturday (2/11): Southern Idaho and a trip to Silver City in the Owyhee Mountains and the Birds of Prey National Conservation Area. If snow conditions in the Owyhee's are bad, then we will do some adventure along the Snake River south of Mountain Home. Night in Tremonton, Utah.

Sunday (2/12): Leave Tremonton VERY early and head to Jericho Junction and the Little Sahara for some sand fun and pictures. From the Little Sahara, we will travel across the Sevier Desert into the Confusion Range and the ghost town of Ibex. Hopefully, if time allows, we can make a trip into Lincoln mine, one of the oldest mines in the US, dug by the Spaniards in the 18 century. Evening in Cedar City.

Monday (2/13): Up at the crack o' dawn and back to Prescott.

Let me know if you are up for a little exploration. :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Steph and I will be solo on this trip, but it would be fun to meet up with people along the way too.

I will have the 4Runner for several months. I will be using it on the El Camino Del Diablo trip, pulling a new "Top Secret" Adventure Trailer, and will be using it for AZROCKS and the Black Mountain trip.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Steph and I will be solo on this trip, but it would be fun to meet up with people along the way too.

I will have the 4Runner for several months. I will be using it on the El Camino Del Diablo trip, pulling a new "Top Secret" Adventure Trailer, and will be using it for AZROCKS and the Black Mountain trip.

:jump: I get to see it up close!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Wow! Cool assignment Scott!

I could easily be talked into meeting up Sat night in northern UT and for a trip down to Cedar City on Sunday. Sounds like you'll be pushing along at a quick pace on Sunday. I would love to see that 4th gen in person too.

Do you have any firm plans for Sat night or will you just stay wherever you wind up? I'm assuming you're doing the hotel thing (no offense!), or will you sneak a sleeping bag in your carry on bags? :elkgrin:

If you have any more details at this point, let me know. It would be great to meet up again on the trail.

CLynn85

Explorer
That's too cool Scott! :bowdown:

Sounds like a fun trip, even more fun when you're wheelin someone elses rig lol.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

This also explains all those little "hints" you've been dropping about that 4-runner. Like to hear your thoughts and opinions on it. Going with my parents to test drive one for the second time this weekend.

Scott Brady

Founder
KC,

I will firm up my plans and get you the details sometime tomorrow. I am also considering a section of the old Pony Express route as an option too, which will be further north in UT.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Whoops!!

In my haste to reply, I wasn't thinking clearly about the dates. Sunday 2/12, is my wee man's 5th birthday and Mom has a big party planned. I completely spaced it when I saw an opportunity to see ARB's 4Runner.

There goes my "Father of the Year Award"......:rolleyes: :smilies27

So I'll have to pass on this one Scott, sorry. Although for a brief moment I was thinking I could just bring the lad with me. The thought of my inquisitive little guy playing his favorite game, 100 Questions, with Scott and the ARB 4Runner had me laughing out loud.

Last edited:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Hey if you happen to roll it or something along the way and need to part it out I call dibs on the space case and fridge! :hehe: :jump: :xxrotflma

Scott Brady

Founder
I have updated the first post with our detailed itinerary :elkgrin:

I am really excited, as this will be our first trip back to Idaho in 10 years. It will also be my first real stay in WA and Seattle. Cool stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven