FlashHole's M416 trailer Build

Flashole

Adventurer
Daaaaaaaang!!!! That's looks so good, great job!!!

Its really so pretty and matched your jeep perfectly. How do you feel about the end product?

Thanks! I wish I would have spent another two days prepping for paint. I would have made a big difference in the details, but alas.......I got tired and lazy. Overall, I am very pleased. The paint turned out really well considering I used a $20 HF paint gun and hadn't painted sprayed anything since 1995. A couple runs in the lid, but they pretty much sanded and buffed out. The body came out pretty slick and required very little wet sanding and buffing.

Phase 2 will include side steps/shelves and extending the tongue. But, I think I will wait till it cools off a bit first.

When do you get yours back from paint?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Wow dude, that looks fantastic!

*goes out and plans on how to make his own trailer better....*

Phase 1 is looking great!

TheJosh

Explorer
I should have my trailer back tomorrow then I'm gonna assemble it and take it camping the next day thru Monday. When I get back I'm gonna finally do the bumpers

rockwood

Adventurer
Seeing the Tongue box tells me I shouldn't be so concerned about clearance between the box and towing vehicle. <like>

DonBeasley

Adventurer
I agree as I am having the same issue with my CJ especially due to tire being mounted on the rear. Temporary solution has been a receiver extension but longterm I will need to extend tongue.

BTW don't blame me. I am blaming Dawson with LSJC for his at Truckfest that got me started.

You should be somewhat concerned.

Here is why extending the tongue will be the first part part of phase 2.

Flashole

Adventurer
I agree as I am having the same issue with my CJ especially due to tire being mounted on the rear. Temporary solution has been a receiver extension but longterm I will need to extend tongue.

BTW don't blame me. I am blaming Dawson with LSJC for his at Truckfest that got me started.

LOL.....These trailer builds spread like a disease. But at least it's a fun disease.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Best disease I have had in a long time...

Yeah, mine pinched the tongue box too, needed to extent it to clear that as well as allow me to open the swing out when just driving along. Tows way better now too with the longer tongue, so much easier to back up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater