FlashHole's M416 trailer Build

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
How are you on the lathe? How about making an extended lunette with swivel hitch.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 49

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I thought about doing something like that, just ended up extending a spare Lunette I picked up. Worked like a charm, drilled the cast for a large grade 8 bolt and had a friend carefully weld a receiver tube extension on to the end. I think it all cost me (including the lunette) $80.00?

That is a really nice piece.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Ok anouther option:

Sell your original M416 lunette mount on ebay for $326.00 plus the lunette for $200.00. "painted up in OD color first"

This will give you enough money for the new extended tongue with 2" receiver tube.

OMG... that is crazy expensive. lol Rusty as hell and missing the drop leg parts too. Wow...

Flashole

Adventurer
Update

Wanted better looking tail lights and a hitch receiver for a bike rack or cargo rack. A rear bumper is a nice looking way to go about it. So, I finally mustered up the motivation to make it happen.

Bought a 10' 2x4 x 1/8" tube and cut it to a nice shape.

Used some 2x 1/8" flat bar to cap the ends.

All the parts cut out and ready to weld

All welded up

Making the cut outs for the tail lights.

Painted, installed and wired.

It's too freaking hot here to be working outside, so I am done with thing until it cools off :)

Flashole

Adventurer
Looks great! How did you attach to trailer? Is the hitch tied into trailer frame?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Its just bolted on with 4 bolts on each side and large washers. The receiver is not tied into the frame. It's certainly not tow rated, but I really don't think the weight of bikes or even coolers will cause any problems.

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
That really is a great idea. Now that I see pics on computer rather than phone I can easily see where you attached it. Nice work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater