Flatbed and composite panel build on Dodge 2500

Darwin

Explorer
Great! Let us know how the truck handles the weight going down the road with whole combination (upgraded springs, tires, etc). This is coming from someone who can't decide between getting a 3rd. gen. 2006 regular cab 2500 or 2016 C&C 3500.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Great! Let us know how the truck handles the weight going down the road with whole combination (upgraded springs, tires, etc). This is coming from someone who can't decide between getting a 3rd. gen. 2006 regular cab 2500 or 2016 C&C 3500.

Go for the 3500, I've put a few miles on it in the last couple of days empty and the ride is fine with the HD set up. The little bumps are a little more noticeable most likely due to 10 ply tires, but it eats the bigger stuff up better, and handling is noticeably better. There's no downside to the 3500.

Jeep

Wallas exhaust comes in a plastic housing, nice to see exhaust engineered to run cool enough to put in a plastic housing but wasn't going to work for me so I built the following form aluminum.

Exhaust 3.jpg

Back view

Exhaust 2.jpg

Installed

Exhaust 4.jpg

Spiders eye view

Exhaust 1.jpg

Lonseal Lonzebra flooring. Tough stuff.

Floor 1.jpg

Front view, you can see the steps into the overhead and the front cabinet, made great storage space of a relatively dead space in the beak.

Floor 3.jpg

Galley view. It's definitely coming together.

Floor 2.jpg

Front storage cabinet in the beak.....maybe I will call this model "The Pelican" it's big and white and can hold a pile of stuff in the beak....there's a bit of trim and a nice lip that goes on the top to hold books, phone, ipad, tablet...whatever really.

exhaust 5.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
Mark, have you ever looked at thin Phenolic sheeting for a flooring material? I know in the thicker sheets, it weighs a ton, but it is quite durable. So much so, that I have used it on a flat bed. It does have some scratches from heavy use and some gasoline stains, but I imagine those would not be issues inside your camper.

Jeep

Mark, have you ever looked at thin Phenolic sheeting for a flooring material? I know in the thicker sheets, it weighs a ton, but it is quite durable. So much so, that I have used it on a flat bed. It does have some scratches from heavy use and some gasoline stains, but I imagine those would not be issues inside your camper.

I don't know if I'd use it inside a camper per say but I do have a really good application for it on the industrial side, thanks for the idea!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Interesting, so its a vinyl that goes down with epoxy.

Looking at the specs on it online, is it a 1-piece cut from a roll, or is it in planks?

Rbertalotto

Explorer
What are you going to do for communications.I wonder if cell phones and reaching external wifi will work from inside with all the aluminum. I know in my wood framed travel trailer, it was a challenge. I installed a WiFi booster and Cellular Booster with external antennas. You can check it all out on my web site.. www.rvbprecision.com

Jeep

What are you going to do for communications.I wonder if cell phones and reaching external wifi will work from inside with all the aluminum. I know in my wood framed travel trailer, it was a challenge. I installed a WiFi booster and Cellular Booster with external antennas. You can check it all out on my web site.. www.rvbprecision.com

I have a booster which helps when I'm close enough to a tower, mostly we are a long ways past cell service so it's a non issue. For emergency there's a sat phone around.

Jeep

I did check out the cell booster you used, pretty slick, mine is a little old school in comparison with no indicators, might just have to upgrade. Nice gunsmithing.

Jeep

Kind of related

Just delivered a really nice transformer service van to a great client. Body is our 2" wall and 4" floor system, truck has 29 500 lb. drawers inside, 1 1000 pound generator tray outside, 5000 watt commercial generator, 5000 watt inverter, AGM battery bank, 2 work benches, AC, Espar diesel heating, all LED lighting. This body complete came in at 2620 KG or 5776 LBS, all lower cabinets are .188 aluminum, demonstrates that shared technologies utilized in the right places can result in a light weight durable product. This particular chassis has 13 256 lbs. of rear axle capacity left, so it will never be overloaded, or require a permit. Just thought I'd share some of my commercial stuff.
Cheers!

20160416_082410_resized.jpg

20160415_182635_resized.jpg

20160416_082855_resized.jpg

20160416_082558_resized.jpg

20160416_082631_resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal