FORD RAPTOR EXPEDITION (pics)

Fresno

Adventurer
Working on an F150 based expedition project using the AT flip pac. If you are not familiar with the Ford Raptor, it is a special project of the SVT team at Ford for racing Baja. Race suspension, ect.

Here is the design concept from Laurence on the raptorforumz. He lives in Dubai and is waiting to start the build up.

Attachments

• RaptorEV.jpg
    RaptorEV.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • RaptorEVopen.jpg
    RaptorEVopen.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 1,305
S

Street Wolf

I played with one of those trucks a while back. I think whats posted above would be a great set up, funds permitting.

Desert Dan

Explorer
That looks like a great camper set up.

Is the bed on a Raptor F150 the same width as a regular 150?

They say the track is 6=7" wider

Fresno

Adventurer
The bed is the same width and 5.5 ft. in length. It is the short bed. The increased track increases suspension travel but does not change the bed width.

CYi5

Explorer
I was surprised how frequently I see these driving around on the street, at least here in SoCal. Anything with a flippac gets points in my book.

haven

Expedition Leader
Remember that the cool desert racing suspension reduces the Raptor's cargo capacity. It's about 1000 lb, far less than a typical F150.

RR1

Explorer
To each is own but if I could afford that truck I would be flogging it in the desert not building a camper out of it.

Looks like the perfect Baja camper to me, couple surf boards strapped to the roof, have fun hauling ******** through the whoops to get the surf spots.

A 4Runner but you get the idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du93Td3SYec&feature=player_embedded

Remember that the cool desert racing suspension reduces the Raptor's cargo capacity. It's about 1000 lb, far less than a typical F150.

Swap in some 10 leaf Deavers, what's another $550 with a $40'000 truck?:sombrero:

Last edited:

SpaceWrangler

what's the point? you overpay big to get a soft and cushy high speed desert ride. ..then go and try to load it to the max with a camper and whatever else? all you did was made usless the high dollar suspension you just purchased.

an F250 would make much more sense.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
haters.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater