FORD RAPTOR EXPEDITION (pics)

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Trailer package

Very nice!!! You all were talking about rear axels and springs on the F150s, have a question, what is the "trailer package" mine has it but never knew what it included besides the hitch.....anything? (99)

Hi Ozarker,

The "trailer package" on trucks usually means that they have added the wiring and trailer plug at the bumper and the receiver trailer hitch assembley. Since trailers on average have a reletively light tongue weight, truck manufacturers usually don't add anything to the payload or suspension.

I hope this is helpful

herm

Adventurer
most trailering packages also add a heavy duty transmission cooler in addition to the wiring and the hitch. GM also adds a trailer break controler that intagrates with the vehical computer.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I agree with you, still having a tailgate is a big deal.

I am really digging that the tailgate is left unhindered. I know it cuts down the interior space by a few inches, but IMO that is well worth it to be able to close up for the night without folding up the "back porch".

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Working on an F150 based expedition project using the AT flip pac. If you are not familiar with the Ford Raptor, it is a special project of the SVT team at Ford for racing Baja. Race suspension, ect.

Here is the design concept from Laurence on the raptorforumz. He lives in Dubai and is waiting to start the build up.

Any word on what happened with his plan to build that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach