FORD RAPTOR EXPEDITION (pics)

red87

Adventurer
well the axle it uses is a sterling 9.75. which is what the 5.4 trucks have used previously, but the 4.6 trucks got the standard ford 8.8 rear.
But the raptors 9.75 is wider then the stock f150 9.75

My brain's telling me it has thicker axle tubes or something. We all know how reliable those can be though :sombrero:

Mr. D

Adventurer
I was at a Best in The Desert race when the raptor was just being released it is one sweet truck. I am sure whoever buys one knows that the intown mileage is poor.

KaiserM715

Adventurer
Raptor obtained and cap installed. HID lights and ARB roof rack have arrived and will be installed soon.

My intended expeditions are the Southwest and Baja. Temperate climates that will not require significant shelter but descent desert capability. Once the build is done this summer we'll see how it works out.

Any updates?

Fresno

Adventurer
wow..that video basically says "screw tread lightly"..

they promote alot of things that the greenies are bustin public lands for and causing us to loose them..

I have a buddy that just got his in..the 6.2 in blue..he likes it..but is cryin about the 11mpg around town..the fact its too wide and he parks it WAY out whenever he does drive it..he likes it..but I bet he sells her within the year..

he really likes my tundra..I can forsee him getting a TRD one and STILL driving the the paved streets here in ohio..:drool:

but theres a guy in town with a black one..and its ALWAYS filthy...so he's probably out tearin up granpa's cowfield..but at least it sees grass!

Really??? trading a Raptor for a Toyota TRD. Think again.

winkosmosis

Explorer
I don't understand 2 things about the rear suspension on the Raptor....

1) Why is the leaf angled so that going over a bump forces the axle forward?

2) Why the almost flat leaf with small amount of uptravel? Why the lift block? Why not use a more arched spring for more uptravel?

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Saw one in person yesterday coming back from an LR rally. They are pretty wide and aggressive looking. The owner looked down at me for having dirty truck, apparently he preferred to pay $1000 for his mud decal package.

My only beef is the cheesy interior.

-Sam

KaiserM715

Adventurer
The owner looked down at me for having dirty truck, apparently he preferred to pay $1000 for his mud decal package, apparently he preferred to pay $1000 for his mud decal package.

My only beef is the cheesy interior.

If you are referring to the two tone interior (black and orange), that is a $500 option (as is the orange paint). I don't understand why anyone would pay up to $2000 for appearance options and didn't get any of them on my truck.

Nothing wrong with a dirty truck. Mine still has mud stuck to the undercarriage.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
I thought the Raptor and F150 have had really nice interiors. Between all the fullsize, I like the Ford better than the rest (including Toyota's effort).
I wasn't crazy about the 2 tone Raptor interior- the only upside is that it makes it stand out amongst F150's. I think it will look dated though (like the Rumble Bee pkg)

The new Ram has a great interior too.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Raptor custom Phoenix Pop up PULSE

Raptor plus custom Phoenix Pop up

raptorand10037.jpg

raptorand10030.jpg

raptorand10029.jpg

raptorand10033.jpg

red87

Adventurer
Out of curiosity, how well does that camper fare with the kind of abuse a Raptor owner is likely to inflict? Or is this something you drop at camp before playtime?

Chazz Layne

Administrator
I am really digging that the tailgate is left unhindered. I know it cuts down the interior space by a few inches, but IMO that is well worth it to be able to close up for the night without folding up the "back porch".

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Very nice!!! You all were talking about rear axels and springs on the F150s, have a question, what is the "trailer package" mine has it but never knew what it included besides the hitch.....anything? (99)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater