FOUND Vans For Sale!

cjken

Explorer
Came across this one. Sounds kinda cool.
1978 F350 chassis with a E150 body, 10" lift, D44 based 4x4.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5251273808.html

View attachment 308763
"This is not your average van. Story behind it is that it was built at an east coast race track by the home Pit Crew. This was a "Track Van" for 13 years before it first was registered in 93' in Florida. The van is a modified 1978 F-350 chassis with an E-150 van on top. It has a 10inch lift and rolls on 37inch MTR's. The 350-150 conversion is amazing and was done to make this van not only a brute but fast around the track. A most incredible feature is the modified drive-train housing that puts the engine lower and back to reduce body roll. It corners with confidence. The 4x4 beef is that of a F350 so you know its good. HD44 with HD coil suspension up front. D60 rear with leaf springs. The Engine is a 351M (modified from factory) and sports a new race MSD ignition system and race quality distributor. Rebuilt C-6 transmission attached to a 205 T-case. New alternator, newer starter, ball joints, bearings, motor mounts & front suspension bushings. The van has been kept to the builders design except for re-fabricating the engine mounts to allow for poly bushings.
The roof rack is aluminum and has an entire top aluminum deck. Full size spare up top. Can fit my 8'6" kayak from end to end.
Bumper is built solid and removable. Has some 100W lights now.
Inside is 3 captains chairs and about a single sized bed platform with plenty of room to move around and slide things up the passenger side and under the bed. There is rubber flooring and carpet that throughout. The rubber flooring is nice with adventuring.
There are more bells and whistles but at this point you either want to buy it or want to know something specific.
I'm selling because I have a daily driver and am not able to use it as I intended. Is starts up and runs great. I've been trying to slowly restore it to live on its legacy. It is an awesome van that is ready for your adventure or collection. I can remove all lettering as well.
Email me for more.

There is a thread about this van on here somewhere "Trufit Brutus" or something like that.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I tend to post only if they have some mods done. I've been on the hunt for the past couple months, just put a deposit on a 2005 Astro AWD in Idaho Fall, ID.

Hey, that's exciting Aaron! I know you've been looking for a while. Pics when you get it!

TheSweatyButcher

Adventurer
I have seen this van driving around and it seems pretty clean.

For sale is a very solid, very clean '74 Ford Econoline van. This van has 129,115 actual miles. It's got the 300 Inline 6 and three on the tree manual transmission. I've driven it from Minnesota to Utah and back with no issues. It's a wonderful road warrior, and a trusty steed.
I don't really need to sell it, but I have my eye on another van at this time, so if I can get $2500 for this one, it'll go down the road. New aluminum radiator installed. Needs a windshield. There is also a rip in the driver's seat, and the rear doors are dented but they still work fine. Other than that, it's a good running old van.
Clean CO title.
If interested, please call me at (218)770-5795 Thanks!

01717_eUckshF5VoO_600x450.jpg

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5263957604.html

TheSweatyButcher

Adventurer
I never seen a chinook astro.

Chevy Astro Chinook Camper Van - $5900 (Clarksto WA.)
00R0R_fWvjmz0q6Vn_600x450.jpg

00E0E_6IYIKJH2dv8_600x450.jpg

1988 Chevy Astro Chinook Camper van. With proof of NEW 4.3/262 V-6 engine, Brakes, Entire exhaust system, New spare tire and mount, tow package, New Alternator, New AC compresser, New gas fill tires from Costco. This camper van is ready to travel and is in great shape inside and out. with a little paint peeling on the roof but no damage as it needs to be re coated. fold out bed ,sink ,icebox and pantry storage. Call 208 791 four eight six nine

TheSweatyButcher

Adventurer
Very cool. This is basically the interior I want to build in my next Astro.

I was going to build out a Astro. I found one on CL that was CLEAN. 1998 with 62,000 miles for only $3200. It was a handicap van with a mechanical lift in the back and always garaged. The guy only wanted to sell it to someone who needed a handicap. I called him and we agreed that in 2 weeks I would be able to buy it. He sold it to someone that claimed they needed a handicap van but I'm sure they lied GRRRRRR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal