FOUND Vans For Sale!

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
Heads up on that camo van seller.
<snip>
Sorry about the negative first post, but I felt i should let others know what i wish i had known last week.

Sorry about that, I feel 1/2 responsible since I took the pic's and posted it. I have updated the post with a link to yours.

jbiernat

No problem at all, I actually searched and found the van on reno craigslist after I saw your photos. I'm glad people are posting up finds cause I'm looking for a van, this thread helps a lot.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Thanks for the report. I was thinking about calling him after he never replied to my email questions. Allot of people wont respond by mail. I first figured it was a inconvenience to have to write.. But now I believe most of them are illiterate. :ylsmoke:

I suspect that his refusal to reply to emailed questions has more to do with him not giving you (as a potential buyer) documented answers which could be used in legel proceedings after you'd discovered that there were undisclosed issues with the van, as experienced and detailed by jbiernat.

In the UK, misrepresentation in selling is a criminal offense, irrespective if the seller is a private individual or a commercial business.

When I've called about buying vehicles, I've always recorded my call's, I've recorded my 'on site' inspection discussions too, and have had reason to be thankful of it.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Would it be rediculous to get axles before getting a van? I know the gearing isn't ideal for the long run.

Only if you are not set on whether or not you really want to do a van conversion. You don't want 1200 lbs of axles taking up space in your garage for no reason.

Abitibi

Explorer
hy2epyta.jpg

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/254625

2002, 4x4, different color, 150k miles, under $11,000... Wrong engine ;)

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
Anybody near Grand Prairie Texas who can check out a van for me?
Looks like a good deal, airfare is around $200 one way from MD, if not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob