Fred the Van. The More We Explore's Adventure Van Build Thread

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
They have made design changes from time to time. One version has some interference with the pinch weld - just bend it back a little. We have had no problem getting them to fit right. Hope that helps.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Thanks. Did you bend the entire pinch weld back, or just the section where the arms come through? When you install them, how much clearance is there between the steps and the pinch weld?

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
The top tube is right against the pinch weld. In fact, we often run TEXS screws through the pinch weld and into the tube for extra strength.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Ah, that's a great idea. That would keep it from rattling all the way down the trail. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the info.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I haven't forgotten the suspension install videos, I'm just a little behind on those. Coming soon.

In the mean time, we installed a Magnum CSW2012 inverter in the van.

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
Great footage. Always have a smile watching your videos - if I'd have the time and space to do the conversion myself I imagine I would have walked in your footsteps through much of it. Cheers!

Jsweezy

Explorer
Awesome video! My favorite part was when you said you weren't going to bed till that axle was out, I am sure all of us have had a night like that.

goneagain

Observer
What is the appeal of the rear tank over a larger main tank? I recently had aerotanks in SoCal build me a 46 gallon monster for my '99 powerstroke. the fit was great, install was simple, and the cost was right. Very happy with it. I now have an 800 mile range, without hassling with a second fill neck, transfer switch etc. I understand the newer canbus vans cant figure out the added capacity, but on your 1997 van its a non issue.

Having driven far too many dual tank truck for too many years, there is no way Id willingly choose that over a large single.

added link:

http://www.aerotanks.com/main/PriceGuide.html

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I'm trying to swap my trapezoid headlights for the rectangular ones. Does anyone have a list of the parts needed to swap? I already have the bezels, but I think I still need some sort of clip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner