Fred the Van. The More We Explore's Adventure Van Build Thread

goneagain

Observer
Mine is mounted in the factory location, drivers side. The 46 is a tight fit around the tcase but it does fit!

Ill snap some photos if you like.

Interesting that you want to convert to standard square bulbs. I was considering going the other way so id have better bulb options.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
That's funny, cuz I feel there are better led/projector options with the 7x6 lenses. Maybe we can swap. :)

I feel like I have everything except for one clip, I'm just not sure which one.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
How is Cody getting along? That was a nasty break.

Yeah, he had something like 5 or 6 screws and a metal plate in his ankle. He is doing well, just slowly recovering. He'said actually out exploring in his Tacoma more now than ever. Not hiking though. :(

mikracer

Adventurer
If you get a clear set of headlight housings, you can retrofit some projectors in there and run a proper HID setup with bixenon highs and lows. Makes a huge difference. You can buy them already retrofitted from a guy on the sportsmobileforum.com too.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
If you get a clear set of headlight housings, you can retrofit some projectors in there and run a proper HID setup with bixenon highs and lows. Makes a huge difference. You can buy them already retrofitted from a guy on the sportsmobileforum.com too.

Or just get some high quality HID's from TheRetrofitSource.com. <thumbup>

mikracer

Adventurer
HID's in a non projector housing wont give you great output and usually blinds oncoming traffic. You can definitely get the components from theretrofitsource.com and do the projector retrofit yourself though.

Abitibi

Explorer
Once you get all your square housing parts will you buy some led lights? That's what I did and love the outcome. The cheapest ones I found were from Rigid Industries (aside from the no names).

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
HID's in a non projector housing wont give you great output and usually blinds oncoming traffic. You can definitely get the components from theretrofitsource.com and do the projector retrofit yourself though.

Works damn good in my OEM composite '07 headlights.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Nothing really happened, there wasn't a single event. We've just been leaning toward another van. We want something that holds more bikes inside. I'm sure there will be moments of regret after I sell this one.

Once you've had a van, nothing else will do.

I promise to finish the video series though.

Last edited:

DzlToy

Explorer
Steve, weren't you just saying that you wished you had an RB to make it easier to move around town with the trailer parked?

If you have an EB now, what would you go to, other than a 140" or 170" Sprinter. The AWD version certainly do not have the capabilities of your current van, as you well know.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Yeah... the new rig will be tougher to park. It'll be far less capable and get about the same mpg. It will, however, fit the bikes better. I have a feeling I'm going to regret selling this one, we have absolutely loved it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner