Fuel capacity

1speed

Explorer
Thirty five gallon stock tank and eight NATO cans.

P7080022.jpg

esh

Explorer
Currently I can go about 450 miles on the stock 23.8 gallon tank on the new diesel swap.

Just got a 40g main, so 800 miles should be attainable soon.

Plenty of fuel to not have to worry about exiting a route to fill up.

iveco4x4

Hi all

1st post on the forum

Got an Iveco Daily 4x4, 1991

Fuel capacity 2 * 130 litre tanks (approx 57 UK Gallons) at approx 23 mpg = range of 1300 miles

Someone asked why carry so much fuel, well for me I have a biodiesel plant in the garage but also you can take the oportunity of cheaper fuel (ie duty free in Ceuta will get you to Southern Morocco)

Rich

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Currently 26 gal. main tank (about 350 mile HWY range) and have 6 - 20L Scepters to carry along if needed, but planning on a 44 gal. Excursion tank if I can make it fit to add range without the separate cans & required space to store them - with a short bed the space back there is too valuable. Personally I haven't needed more yet, but often get stuck filling up at a station gouging the price because of their location & lack of affordable competition!

EDIT: Just found someone who did it and the conversion looks easy & clean. The search is on to find a tank now...

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/showphoto.php?photo=25987

Last edited:

VeggieRam

I have 46g stock thanks to Transferflow and a 100g aux tank for veggie oil or diesel so at 20mpg's it's about 2900 miles. I don't use the stock tank much though because it costs more money.

jp0863

Observer
2005 dodge 3500, 35 gal stock tank, plus 91 gallon tranfer tank for 126 gallons @ avg 22 mpg= 2772 miles.. thats highway mpg. In town driving about 15 mpg= 1820 miles. But it's expensive to fill up!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy