Give it to me straight

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
If your going to travel in a modern vehicle take a code reader with you, just takes a few moments and lets you know if its something you should head to town for or just forget about it til later..
That's a really good idea. Along the same lines, that's one reason I liked GM vehicles with OnStar. If a light came on, they could do a remote diagnoses and tell you if it's something you could deal with when you were able or if you should stop driving.

MrWiggles

It was a false positive. The CEL didn’t go off after everything was replaced apparently there was a bulletin out about updating the ecu if that combo of P00 errors occurred.

Anyway everything runs great. Thanks for all the thoughts.

It was a false positive. The CEL didn’t go off after everything was replaced apparently there was a bulletin out about updating the ecu if that combo of P00 errors occurred.

Anyway everything runs great. Thanks for all the thoughts.

was that ECU update done on your GAP Tool or at the dealer?

Rufflyer

First. If you have an EVAP code, there is no drivability issue. The engine will run fine. You can wait until you are home and have time to diagnose it. Second, it is easy to do a software update to keep the CEL light from coming on, just lower the fuel pressure setting that would cause a CEL request. GM had a similar issue with timing chains on their 3.6 liter V6. When the chain stretched too much, a check engine light would come on. As this was starting to occur a lot during warranty, they did a software update and changed how much a chain can stretch before that light would come on. Moved it past the warranty period and then the customer had to pay for the repairs.

Don't forget that ECU's have memory and they work off trends; if a new sensor is replaced, it can very well trip the same code over a serious of cycles down the road. The ECU flash resets the memory so the ECU can now "trend" the current configuration of the vehicle/sensors.

Anytime I do sensor replacement or fuel cleaning, etc., I reflash to start new trending.

ON that note, I did get an EVAP Code this weekend on the way back from Campo, Ca. I'll look into it this week but I believe it is time for the O2 sensor replacements and to send out my injectors for rework and a few other things that I have been meaning to do to get the life back on the LR3.

I'll do the EVAP canister and replace the O-Ring on the fuel cap as well; both are original to the 08 year I am guessing because I have not done either since owning it at 67k mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven