Goodyear SilentArmor

dzzz

Just registering a set of these tires and I see they include both on and off road recovery. I was surprised that they included off road. Anyway, for those who run these tires it's probably worth registering and writing down the phone number.

I like these tires, in part because they are snow rated. About half the AT makes are not.

jjdavids

As stated on thier website.

FREE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.†
Goodyear has you covered with emergency roadside tire service. In the event of a flat tire, you can call 1-800-999-9460 and a qualified service professional will replace your flat tire with your inflated spare tire. Roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in the U.S. and Canada, for two years after the date of purchase of your tires.

FREE OFF-ROAD ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.†
When you purchase Wrangler® featuring SilentArmor Technology™ tires, you are also eligible for the Free Off-Road Assistance Program. If you ever find yourself stranded in difficult terrain such as mud, snow, sand or ice, off-road towing (winch out) will be provided. This towing service will depend solely upon safe tow truck access to the vehicle location, as determined by the tow provider.

HOW TO RECEIVE ROADSIDE OR OFF-ROAD ASSISTANCE.†
For prompt service, call 1-800-999-9460 and have the following information available:

•Your account number (located on your 24-hour Roadside Assistance Card)
•Your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
•Description of vehicle (license plate/vehicle make, model and year)
•Your name and telephone number you're calling from
•Location of vehicle (street address and/or nearest cross street)
•Date you bought your tires
Show the included card when requested and the Goodyear Roadside Assistance Representative will replace your flat tire with your inflated spare tire or provide a winch out at no charge. If you don't carry an inflated spare and a tow or other services are necessary, you will be solely responsible for any charges incurred.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Good luck finding a tow truck provider who will do it. Last time asked (many years ago) they said they would go 25' from pavement. But at least they gave me a ride to someone with a winch.

dzzz

Good luck finding a tow truck provider who will do it. Last time asked (many years ago) they said they would go 25' from pavement. But at least they gave me a ride to someone with a winch.

One good aspect is that i don't have to find someone, goodyear's contractor does that. I assume there's a couple companies that provide the call center. If the tow operated doesn't respond he's not going to get their business.

Spot's service is like AAA - on road. It's easy to get on road towing. I probably have several plans that offer that service. I view AAA as free as it pays for itself with several motel stays a year. But spot also pays for itself with by far the lowest cost emergency rescue insurance. Not to mention the "not dying" part.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
One good aspect is that i don't have to find someone, goodyear's contractor does that.
I could be wrong, but I think you're dreaming if you think Goodyear is going to go out of their way to find a tow truck operator to drive even 5 miles back in to the boonies to winch you out. I'm willing to bet you'll be out a lot sooner if you ring up a friend to come winch you out.

Honu

lost on the mainland
but if you have silent armor tires you can help the tow trucks ! get out of the soft sand and rock when they get stuck :) after they pull someone else out :)

web.jpg

IXNAYXJ

Adventurer
I could be wrong, but I think you're dreaming if you think Goodyear is going to go out of their way to find a tow truck operator to drive even 5 miles back in to the boonies to winch you out. I'm willing to bet you'll be out a lot sooner if you ring up a friend to come winch you out.
Yeah, good luck with that one.

-----Matt-----

muskyman

Explorer
One good aspect is that i don't have to find someone, goodyear's contractor does that. I assume there's a couple companies that provide the call center. If the tow operated doesn't respond he's not going to get their business.

Spot's service is like AAA - on road. It's easy to get on road towing. I probably have several plans that offer that service. I view AAA as free as it pays for itself with several motel stays a year. But spot also pays for itself with by far the lowest cost emergency rescue insurance. Not to mention the "not dying" part.

Sorry but your comments reak of letting others take care of your problems?

Besides the fact that thats a horrible attitude for a off road enthusiast it also promotes a dangerous one. You are always going to be your own best rescue source. Being prepared and educated about your options will always be the best way be safe in the back country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy