Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT?

ol' scott

Adventurer
Back on topic..

My wife cut a sidewall in her 4Runner last week. Called around looking for a matching Goodyear Wrangler and Wal-Mart said they had some. I picked up her vehicle and it wasn't the road tread pattern but rather the AT pattern. Wasn't happy about it but after getting them to price match the online price ($162 for a 265/70/17) it's ok. After reading a few good online reviews I plan on going back tomorrow to get the other three tires replaced. Then we'll go out to the farm and test these out to see how they perform.

B

BPD53

They should work great. Just be careful of the sidewalls....they are not the strongest.

I had good luck with the sidewalls. They actually surprised me a couple times. Others might have a different opinion in terrain I don't have in WV.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The Terrain, Authority and duratrac are pretty well the same tire, and all have weak sidewalls. I have seen them let go on the highway. I had horrible luck with SR-As too...I just don't trust good year quality in their side walls.....Had 2 on my JK drop when brand new, and 5 on my patriot.....NO issues with cooper or BFG.

B

BPD53

The Terrain, Authority and duratrac are pretty well the same tire, and all have weak sidewalls. I have seen them let go on the highway. I had horrible luck with SR-As too...I just don't trust good year quality in their side walls.....Had 2 on my JK drop when brand new, and 5 on my patriot.....NO issues with cooper or BFG.

I'll just be quiet.

donaldcon

Adventurer
I work for Goodyear. Goodyear sidewalls are definitely not as stout as some others but your issues seem excessive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Could be that it was the SR-A (oem JUNK) giving me problems...But I have been with others who blew their sidewalls with the duratrac.

tommudd

Explorer
Ran over 98,000 on a set 265-75-16 Duratracs, never need rebalanced, wore nice and flat, never one issue with them.
Went everywhere I wanted to go,

Now the SR-As , I remove them within the first 1000 miles, total cheap junk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77