Greenbow County JDM Expo Build

Elbee

Adventurer
Hahaha, thanks! Ive spent a lot of time in the dusty outposts of the world driving around JDM trucks and various LCs, so its gotten in my blood some.
Just read through your build thread on T4R, good stuff!

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Hahaha, thanks! Ive spent a lot of time in the dusty outposts of the world driving around JDM trucks and various LCs, so its gotten in my blood some.
Just read through your build thread on T4R, good stuff!

Thanks for the compliment but my build thread is terrible over there. Check out these links:

http://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/_ylt=A7dPGixWvxhXU2QAixVAPDh8/SIG=12bfh94eo/EXP=1461326038/**http%3a//page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g175701135

http://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/_ylt=A7dPGixWvxhXU2QAcBVAPDh8/SIG=12cusppaf/EXP=1461326038/**http%3a//page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t471070457

http://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/_ylt=A7dPGixWvxhXU2QAsxRAPDh8/SIG=12b97cmgl/EXP=1461326038/**http%3a//page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g175380317

If you have a PayPal account you can use a proxy service called Buyee. With the current yen to dollar exchange rate things are much cheaper than some years ago.

Elbee

Adventurer
Sweet, thanks. I'll have to see if they can do international shipping.
Too bad they don't make right fender mirrors

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Too bad they don't make right fender mirrors

Lol, I agree.

They ship EMS international and that's very fast and expensive sometimes but for a small item like this shouldn't be too bad. Usually 3 business days to your door. Let me know if anything else and let me look around for a tire carrier and tailgate.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Some updates

Ahead of a two week trip out west next month I've been trying to tidy the truck up and knock out a few more items.

Recent updates:
-Got the front bumper powder coated to match the K87 cladding; the color is Beige Grey. Used site Powder by the pound.
-Lighting ready to go for front bumper
-Whitson also painted
-Hood painted black
-Muffler and exhaust overhauled

Front Bumper: AllPro Apex (Powdercoated and installing tomorrow)
DSC_8816_zpsbxufucg0.jpg

For lighting I dropped the 2" ambers that came with the bumper for something a little more in line with the truck. I knew I wanted to stick with LEDs but wasn't sure what to go with. In the end I chose some Rigid A-Series ambers for my turns and will use the original turn cutouts for my Vision X Solstice lights.
DSC_8856_zps628abcpi.jpg

Turns with resistors
DSC_8857_zpsx5uf83vf.jpg

Vision X Optimus Halos for the 4" opening. Will run the halos to the parking lights and the fogs to the factory fog wiring
DSC_8858_zpsv60wzmop.jpg

These have a dimmer but will probably be run in line with the Opitimus Halos to keep things simple

Whitson Rack: Got it coated. Simply one of the best racks on the market and damn proud to own one.
DSC_8823_zps3akorxzf.jpg

In the middle are mounts for a Hi-Lift and on each side of that will be a 4 Gallon Rotopax.
DSC_8824_zps3dyywzet.jpg

Mounting tabs for the Toyota awning. On the other side I will mount a recently purchased Road Shower
DSC_8861_zpsk7lghupi.jpg

Awning one of two
DSC_8826_zpsxyfzyzoj.jpg

Detail

Hood: Got the hood painted black but left the scoop surround matte black
DSC_8866_zpswm9shzuz.jpg

Muffler and exhaust: Replaced the Magnaflow with something quieter and had both tips routed to passenger rear. Simple tips. Not nearly as loud as before which is a welcome change. Will have the tips cleaned up a bit but liking the new setup
DSC_8875_zpsydfsq8ax.jpg

Genuine Toyota
JDM Visors
DSC_8842_zpsomwxwet3.jpg

Eight years after putting them on the Toyota visors continue to hold up without issue. All mount clips still intact as well as no flaking in adhesive; no whipping in the wind as I go down the highway. Unlike others I've come across these cover a lot more area, come down further (roughly 5" at longest point), are thicker and have a more natural tint. Overdue for some detailing...

Emblems: Ordered a second set of SSR-X Tailgate emblems from Toyota.jp.
DSC_8840_zps6kmccefh.jpg

DSC_8841_zpspdopaylb.jpg

BFGs
DSC_8827_zpsv6ndntcn.jpg

KO2s so far are impressive (34/10.50/17 Load D), minimal road noise, improved mpg and good for getting me out the occasional hairy situation. Took them to my local mud hole and unlike the previous Kumho mud tires they had to work a little harder but that's to be expected as these are an AT and not MT tire. As of right now averaging a little over 14mpg and that's with the 4.30 geared 4.7v8, lift and some armor.

Also: Picked up some Old Man Emu 861 coils for the rear. Stiffer than the LandCruiser 8 wraps. Will install these along with bumpstops and rear bumper.
DSC_8883_zps5u2sm4sb.jpg

More to come soon...cheers!

rickashay

Explorer
Wow this is a deadly build thread. Keep it up... makes me miss my old 3rd Gen, I can only imagine how awesome it is with the 2UZ.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
The best made plans

Wow this is a deadly build thread. Keep it up... makes me miss my old 3rd Gen, I can only imagine how awesome it is with the 2UZ.

rickashay thanks, I see your old 4Runner every time I visit The Retrofit Source's site. Really like what you accomplished on that thing. The 2UZ is amazing in this truck!

Today was all about fitting the bumper, winch, lights and sliders. Two out of four ain't so bad I guess.
DSC_8937_zpswpw1lbds.jpg

DSC_8969_zpsmnubjauo.jpg

Managed to mock up and paint the sliders but with so much to do on the bumper the sliders are being put on next week. They are a DOM product with kickouts in the rear. Little heavier than the HREW but as you might imagine stouter.

DSC_8961_zpswcfwzco4.jpg

DSC_8960_zpshg5nbevf.jpg

The back of the ComeUp Winch is flat making the mounting much simpler than with other models of winch. It went onto the bumper without issue.
DSC_8951_zpsxgdzolfo.jpg

DSC_8957_zpsrmbtaryj.jpg

The AllPro Apex bumper is made for a Tacoma which shares similar features with the 4Runner however it does require some cutting and modification to make it work.

We spent more time than we imagined we would and still will have to wire up lighting but progress is progress.

For the rear I'll be mounting this after getting it powder coated to also match the cladding. Unlike the front bumper this is made to encompass the 2" body lift so there will be no gap. I'll also have some other modifications to it for camp lighting.
DSC_8955_zpsflag6ivh.jpg

Safety fast!
DSC_8973_zpsej9blu33.jpg

Today couldn't have been accomplished without the help of some local Atlanta 4Runner members Eric and Brian
DSC_8977_zpsf89lsexo.jpg

DSC_8985_zpsrckh62cz.jpg

DSC_8944_zpsunmzirds.jpg

When we finally did finish we headed to the monthly Atlanta 4Runner meet. The group has definitely grown over the past couple of years. 4Runners, Tacomas, FJ Cruisers, etc. Always a good exchange of people who love their Toyotas.
DSC_8995_zpsu2c5gfuo.jpg

DSC_8999_zps8dxfdyco.jpg

DSC_8993_zpsrthjpmuf.jpg

DSC_9003_zpsb1c4dajv.jpg

The end product when I finally got it back home. Hoping to have it cleaned up next weekend. Cheers!
DSC_9011_zpsbkrso8jg.jpg

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Two week excursion

image.jpg

Monument Valley picture from a two week vacation trip out west. Plenty of pictures and experiences; now just to tidy it up and write about it.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Two weeks due west

Took two weeks and traveled due west stopping by the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Four Corners, Death Valley and a handful of other places. Met some great people along the way and had a memorable trip:bike_rider:. All total I traveled 6500 miles without issue. Time to invest in a larger fuel tank however.
DSC_9061_zps3blx6d17.jpg

Monument Valley entrance
DSC_9063_zpsssbujimp.jpg

DSC_9067_zps4rco69y5.jpg

DSC_9102_zpseak4bsfj.jpg

DSC_9124_zpstzwvhohf.jpg

Camping at Monument Valley. You can't beat this sunrise:Wow1:
DSC_9239_zpsswtwkv6n.jpg

Visiting the ghost town of Rhyolite
DSC_9292_zpsuq3mhsuj.jpg

Had this little guy under my tent in the morning at Sheldon Antelope Refuge in Northern Nevada

Last edited:

busmup808

Dain how are you? Sorry for the miscommunication. After I texted with my Oregon schedule I hoped to hear from you but figured you were busy with the family.

Lol, Bingo! One of my favorite movies and where I get the handle from.
Yah next time. I was really ready to camp. I was waiting in Oregon from Friday @ my cousins house in Portland. I really didn't want to pass up in seeing your beast in person and meeting you the same time. For sure next time we can get together and have some beers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad