HAM Operators- Post up here

Ramjet

Explorer
I took mine at OEX last year. That's probably the reason it took a little longer, due to being in a remote setting and them sending in the test results.

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
Regarding callsigns: is it possible to transfer ownership? My grandfather was an operator and it would be neat if I could continue his legacy (assuming I can figure out what his callsign was)?

4x4x4doors

Explorer
That question came up while we were sitting about following my exam. The folks there said it was dependent on whether Grandpa's was still available (had not been claimed by someone else) and you applying for it as a vanity callsign.

Orbital Debris

Well Kiddmen, that is the first time I've run across such a similar call sign. I am KE7KCK.

Northern Colorado
2m/70cm, primarily mobile and APRS operations.

Last edited:

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Well Kiddmen, that is the first time I've run across such a similar call sign. I am KE7KCK.

Northern Colorado
2m/70cm, primarily mobile and APRS operations.

Nice! I chose my vanity, stuck with the K7 as assigned for my location, and used my initials KCK. Had I been issued your sign I probably would have left it alone and taken it as a good omen. My original was KG7FYD.

cactusjk

Explorer
Can't go wrong with initials!

Nice! I chose my vanity, stuck with the K7 as assigned for my location, and used my initials KCK. Had I been issued your sign I probably would have left it alone and taken it as a good omen. My original was KG7FYD.

Deltarat

Observer
K6ON here, Old time ham, or is that Old ham...Both I guess. My preference is HF, 17meters being my favorite.
Still play off road with a Dodge 4X4 pickup and FWC camper on board. I run a KW on HF from the truck!!
Check out my QRZ listing for pics of the shack and the truck... 73 de K6ON

Chipskip

Forum Name: chipskip
First Name: Michael
Callsign :N7MCS
Radio : Kenwood TH-D72a & Yeasu FT-8800r
Freq usually on: 2m/70cm

Frdmskr

Adventurer
Forum Name: frdmskr

First Name: Dan

Callsign : KO1D