Hostile Lands of SOAZ: Dragoons to Chiricahuas, April 25-27

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Signcutter21 said:
Just to add about the gas. If heading to Middle March Road and SR80, a few miles south of the intersection is Tombstone. They have a Circle K there. Also there is a gas station in St. David that has gas too.

On the way back north, 186 runs into Wilcox and there are plenty of gas places there on the way to I-10. The only "difficult" spot will be if you head over through the Chirichuas to SR 80 EAST at the AZ/ NM border. The one gas station/ truck stop in Road Forks, NM closed last year.

later, mike

Yes, coming in from my direction may have less gas stations, I am bringing 5 gallons extra just to be safe.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
What a great trip!!! Zoe and I had such a good time meeting some of you for the first time and seeing others we haven't seen in a while. We have got to do that again!
I only took one picture and haven't downloaded it yet :rolleyes:

Hope everyone gets home safe, especially Brad :yikes:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Good trip....going through some pics, and ******** after watching the video of Chucks overgrown mutt. That growl came through on great on the video...:xxrotflma

seth_js

Explorer
MaddBaggins said:
Hope everyone gets home safe, especially Brad :yikes:

281x211.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Couple of pics.....

1: Following the 'f-ins

2: Cherokee wantin' to check out the toothbrush

3: Question: "Who does that water bottle belong to"
Answer: "shut up or you'll regret it".

4: Wil explaining how to pack up a Easi-awn

5: Not everyone believes him...

6: Cherokee found a friend...like it or not.

7: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
8: You did *WHAT* with my rawhide bone?!?!?!?!
9: Fozzy's beauty shot
10: Hey! Who scratched the truck!?!?

erin

Explorer
Yea, great trip, good to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Hope it isn't so long before the next trip.

And lets all think good thoughts for Brad tonite..........:eek:rngartis :chef: and his 2 new buddies

Signcutter21

Adventurer
CHEF!!! Wow that didn't take long. Brad knows it's coming.

Wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome to Exped Portal. It was great to meet everyone. Thanks Mark for planning a great weekend and fitting me into the group. I wanted so bad to stay another night. Looking forward to camping with the group again.

For y'all that took off, you missed another adventure this morning. After everybody cleared out; Brad, Nat, David and I took the North Fork trail that was right across the road to Hand's Pass. Went to the pass and then too the Hilltop tunnel. We spent at least an hour exploring the mine tunnels and it's off shoots. It was really cool.

later,
Mike

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
It was a great trip and a lot of fun!

Here's some pictures:

On the way into camp :
Camping%20001.jpg

FlyingBaby and the Jr. Trail Guide at camp 2:
Camping%20004.jpg

Camping%20005.jpg

FlyingWen and FlyingBaby before Chef came over! LOL...
Camping%20010.jpg

FlwyingWil and FlyingBaby at the campfire:
Camping%20011.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk