Hostile Lands of SOAZ: Dragoons to Chiricahuas, April 25-27

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Band of brothers my foot!

seth_js said:
281x211.jpg

I knew this was coming. All I have to say is when a comrade is in dyer straights, it's not good manners to walk away snickering and leave the poor soul with the "guest who would not leave". :bigbossHL:

The good thing was, he left early Sunday and we had the whole place to ourselves after that. :sombrero:

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
A few pics

I never picked up my camera the first 2 days so these are just a few from the camp in the Chricahua's when only David and Natalie and I were left.

I'm hoping I can steal pics of the first camp and the other rigs from others that were more energetic with their cameras.

By the way, this was great trip and it was a pleasure seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks. Perfect group dynamics all around (leaving out the stranger danger :yikes: ).

Apr272008032.jpg

Notice the boots hanging out of the tent door....Nap time.

Apr272008026.jpg

Apr272008020.jpg

Apr272008015.jpg

Apr272008013.jpg

Apr282008001.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
5 Gallon Bucket Danger

I use a 5 gal bucket to catch my sink water. I found out this morning it was not a good idea to leave the water standing in the bucket over night. The bucket had a few moths floating in it and a small bird thought they looked tastey. When he tried to get them, he fell into the water and couldn't fly out. I watched this as I was sipping my morning coffee. :REExeSwimmingHL:

I went over and gave him a hand getting out of the bucket and over to a dry spot to dry out.

Apr282008004.jpg

Apr282008009.jpg

He was fine and flew away in about 15 mins. I then went back and dumped the bucket.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Man, I hope that dishwater soaked bird isn't the Elegant Trogon Chuck was looking for :p

Great trip folks, the girls and I had a blast, although with a ratio of two girls and one dad, my conversations were fleeting, at best, with most of you.

Guess being at the other end of camp kept us safe from the "guest" as I only saw him once.

viatierra

Explorer
Pics from the monument

Christine snapped a few pictures in the Monument... We had a blast guys! Let's do another one soon.

2451251756_c1a730a1b1.jpg

2450428801_bf5c41a8fa.jpg

2450430261_859600d7bd.jpg

2451258426_6976de5b37.jpg

2451261264_edb31c8d71.jpg

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
jeffryscott said:
Man, I hope that dishwater soaked bird isn't the Elegant Trogon Chuck was looking for :p

Nope, that wet bird is a yellow-eyed junco, a common bird in the Chiris.

Great photos everyone and I'm glad we all made it home. :victory:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Thanks for being mellow travelers, folks. This whole traveling-with-child thing is a slow process, partly because you've got more work, and partly because - ugh - you just want to go slow and enjoy something for a change.

Remember the campfire talk on Saturday night? Like a perfect prophecy, we talked about the "Wasting of finite resources" as a citation for speeding when an officer is feeling might generous.

Guess who got one of those on Sunday? :) 70 in a 55 coming into Safford from the 191. The officer nabbed Greg and I in one shot.

Gallery of photos for you, and all manner of overlanding abominations:
Dragoons to the Chiricahuas: a photo essay of usual suspects, cohorts, critics, pimps, campmates, trailmates, campfire drinkin' buddies, tall tale tellers, and other no-good scum of the earth ExPo folk otherwise known as my friends

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
articulate said:
Thanks for being mellow travelers, folks. This whole traveling-with-child thing is a slow process, partly because you've got more work, and partly because - ugh - you just want to go slow and enjoy something for a change.

Remember the campfire talk on Saturday night? Like a perfect prophecy, we talked about the "Wasting of finite resources" as a citation for speeding when an officer is feeling might generous.

Guess who got one of those on Sunday? :) 70 in a 55 coming into Safford from the 191. The officer nabbed Greg and I in one shot.
Outch! We did stop and check out the THING on the way home.... for $1 its worth the laugh!

articulate said:

Wow! I am impressed... that new camera of yours is making it look like you have some skills! :friday:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk