How ‘bout a weight loss challenge?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
At 5’8” and ~230#, I need to lose some weight. And at 43 years old, it ain’t gonna get any easier. I’ve never been too keen on the diet and exercise thing, but I’m addicted to this board, so thought maybe I could use that to my advantage. :eek:

I know that the majority of you out there are Greek God(des)s, but maybe there’s one or two like me…

So, anybody interested in a fitness challenge thread? Maybe see who could lose the most weight, on a month-to-month basis? No prizes or anything, just braggin’ rights.

If so, do you think it should be judged by pounds (if you ain’t ‘Merican, you may have to do your own conversions, I don’t know a ‘stone’ from a henweigh), or by %, or by ‘first to reach their monthly goal’, or some other metric?

Oh, and In future posts I promise to lay off of my affectation of a Texas drawl.

Hi, my name is Lynn (Hello Lynn) and I’m a fatty. It’s been three minutes since my last calorie…

Skylinerider

Adventurer
I'm in. I'm 5'9" and 245. I think just stick with lbs lost. Maybe a little competition will give me the push I need to drop some pounds.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I am James (Hi James!), 6'2", 315 pounds, and I am fat. :smileeek: I am and always have been a big, somewhat muscular, guy with a very comfortable weight at around 240-250lbs in my football playing days, but this extra stuff is killing me. (literally?) I am up for a challenge and a change.

~James

TheGillz

Explorer
We all have our own standards, so no laughing at me, but I'm 5'9" and have a slight frame, I am 175 and like to stay 160ish, when not lifting weights for mass(which isn't for 15 years). I'll play, they say the last 15lbs is the hardest right??

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
TheGillz said:
I'm 5'9" and have a slight frame, I am 175 and like to stay 160ish,

Get out of here stick boy!!!

LOL... just kidding man. :eatchicke

~James

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I know what you mean, my muscles have been replaced (or hopefully only covered up) by rolls....

~James

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
You guys should check out Gyminee. It works and is exactly what you want. If a few people sign up we can put together an ExPo group.

IggyB

Adventurer
I'm in :bowdown:

Let's post starting weight and update weekly.

5'10" - about 210 pounds :sombrero: 40 Plus

And at the end, we should post starting and finished weight pictures. Man thongs not allowed, shorts are a must.

Last edited:

blazinid

Adventurer
Ah damn i'm in...wife has been on my *** to loose a few.
I'm 6 foot and 270. She has lost around 30# in the last few months and look amazing.:bowdown:

Ziggster

I'm 40 yo 5'10" and 260 pounds. On January 1 of this year I was 322 pounds. I have about 40 more pounds to go.

lowenbrau

Explorer
Like Ziggster, I got a head start in January as well. I'm 41 and was 6' and 220 last Christmas and have lost about 25lbs since then. I figured I'd shoot for 190 but I think 175 is better for me so I've got 20 lbs to go.

Here's a few pointers for those who are just starting out.

1) You probably need to be consuming more protein and more water.
2) Less Carbs, especially late in the day.
3) Stop eating like its your last meal. My parents always made me clean my plate but these days I try to always leave something to put in the fridge. If you are hungry later, eat then.
4) If you are hungry, drink a glass of water.
5) For me, grapefruit juice is an appetite suppressant. I try to keep a jug of fresh juice in the fridge.

truck mechanic

Adventurer
ok Im in. I am 5 8. And last time I got on a talking scale it said " one at a time please "
Ill get on a scale tommoro and let you know where I am starting at.
Paul

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Its not what you eat, its what eats you

stumptaco said:
Get out of here stick boy!!!

LOL... just kidding man. :eatchicke

~James

No, I'm stick boy - 5'7" and 140lb - not much of that is muscle, though!

Anyway, the best solution for losing weight safely is to go to Africa and pick up some worms. They eat most of what you eat! Don't ask me how I know that. :D

Cheers,
Graham

lowenbrau

Explorer
grahamfitter said:
No, I'm stick boy - 5'7" and 140lb - not much of that is muscle, though!

Anyway, the best solution for losing weight safely is to go to Africa and pick up some worms. They eat most of what you eat! Don't ask me how I know that. :D

Cheers,
Graham

Trudat!

I've been 165lbs three times in my life. The second time it was during 6 weeks in Mali. I recommend buying meat sticks in the market. They are really tasty:chowtime: and pretty much guaranteed to help you lose weight. A side of Malaria doesn't hurt either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater