I know it's a party foul.

So I think I'm going to swap a 1uzfe into my Jeep Cherokee. The 4.0 is great in all but I'd like to here more rumble. It's a pretty easy swap just wanted to hear some people's opinions.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

stomperxj

Explorer
I'd swap a GM 5.3 like I have and many others have. Lots of documented swaps and there are conversion parts available if you are not a fabricator. Plus lots of people tune the GM stuff so it is easily tuned. I however don't know anything about the 1uzfe at all or if its easy to tune or what. If you are doing it to do something different, go for it. If you want a pretty easy swap for double the HP and TQ swap an LS motor in it.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
You'd have to post that on a Jeep purist forum for it to be a foul.
Over here it seems like we are more interested in how the vehicle is setup to fit "your" needs.

Rock-on! Will be a fun build/adventure thread to follow. :beer:
Of course this will require many pictures... :)

I like the reliability and longevity of Toyota motors that's why I'm choosing the 1uz as for engine management I'll be running my haltech ecu that I ran on my accord which will need reflashed. Although it all comes down to being able to get my hands on one since in Ohio they probably will cost more then my Cherokee did lol. Well that's what I've seen so far. I can fab basically what I need and I know a couple company's that sell motor mounts for the conversion and then I can use the aw4 from the 4.0l I have to swap the input shaft and bell housing to mount it to the motor. And a few other things. I'll try and keep you all posted and up to date with what's going on. As of now I'm gonna start a build thread with the plans for everything that I'm doing as of now.

This is my Cherokee btw.
75fcd11c4f24a5f037ff2178b04f47e1.jpg

KC0GFG

As a jeep guy, boooooooooo. Lol. Personally I feel if you're going to swap a motor at least stay in the family. I'd find a v8 out of a grand to swap in, however if you were converting to a diesel motor I'd highly encourage what ever choice you made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh