I think I am gonna build an Unlimited....

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
More news....

I guess Jeep performance, a devision of Mopar performance, may be working on a complete swap kit for TJs that will use a simple version of the 2.8 VM diesel that was in the liberty. The TJL was the only factory diesel TJ and it used a motor like this. The rumor mill says the release might be at EJS.

How long is that....about a week!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Beowulf said:
Metcalf,

I forgot about fuel choice. That is a good reason too. World Wide Diesel is more abundant and cheaper. I once read that the trip to Uluru in Australia was about 1000miles between station with Petrol, but many places along the way had diesel.
That's what I remember...

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I might have found an importer for the diesel engine I want! I don't think I am going to wait for the jeep kit unless it hurries right up like now....

Does anyone happen to have a blueprint of the bell housing pattern of a 4.0 jeep engine? Even better a solid model?

On a side note. Is anyone here a member of SEMA? I was wondering about there OEM technology transfer program and was looking for an outside opinion.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I thought I would vent a little on this project....

I want to build this jeep SOOOOO bad. Finding, contacting, and dealing with engine importation has been a headache. I finally got in touch with someone at the headquarters of the company that speaks pretty good english. Yippee for me. Its a long process though.....geeessssss.....

I'm glad I waited on buying a donor vehicle. The prices have come way down in price. Also, we have to make one more move this year. Then its time to settle down and build something!!!!

The Mopar Underground/Skunkworks Jeep that was built for Easter Jeep this year is great inspiration. It has a diesel too! This is DAMN close to what I want to build. I like the idea of the factory supported diesel from Mopar, but I haven't seen anything in a few months on the project. I think its going to be just as easy to import the engine I want from abroad. Pictures of the Mopar jeep serve as great motivation though....

Mopar-2007-Jeep-Dodge-12.jpg

jeep-wrangler-tj-diesel.jpg

diesel-tj.jpg

Mopar-2007-Jeep-Dodge-10.jpg

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the tip. I have talked with them in the past. They haven't done a complete 100% working CRD swap yet.

I don't have a problem with the engine swap...its just getting the engine :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz