I'm BACK!!! 2023 F-250 Tremor build

Klutch7

Here it is.

3AK7KDQ.jpg
Man, that is sharp. If I'm not wrong, you've previously had the King 2.5 Carli kits on other Super Duties, right? How are the first impressions of the Fox 2.0's?

Also, I just noticed that the '23+ Tremors don't have the small fender flares?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Man, that is sharp. If I'm not wrong, you've previously had the King 2.5 Carli kits on other Super Duties, right? How are the first impressions of the Fox 2.0's?

Also, I just noticed that the '23+ Tremors don't have the small fender flares?

I've had King 2.5's, Fox 2.0 and 2.5 and Icon turds on Super Duty's. I have King's on order so eventually they will go on and the Fox stuff will be what I slap on for the winter and when the King's need a rebuild. The 2.0's are great, much better than the factory Tremor branded shocks. No, the '23+ don't come with the flares but I actually like that, the flares add clearance issues with larger tires and I find them somewhat tacky. That said, a lot of guys love them and feel like they got shorted so quite a few '23 owners are adding them.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice score! What are you going to do with it? Jerky / sausage?

My first deer of the season is always mostly ground and then either picnic sticks (mini dry sausage snack sticks) or dried sausage, the back strap and rump I always have cut into steaks. I did 15 lbs (50/50 split so only 7 lbs of venison used) of picnic sticks on this guy and the rest ground. With my 80/20 (20% pork fat) split on ground I should end up with 40-45 lbs of ground based on his carcass weight. My second deer this season will likely be half dried sausage and rest pin-wheel steaks or poppers. I rarely take a third but if I do it'll likely be more ground as that's the most usable, maybe some more dried sausage and picnic sticks.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
My first deer of the season is always mostly ground and then either picnic sticks (mini dry sausage snack sticks) or dried sausage, the back strap and rump I always have cut into steaks. I did 15 lbs (50/50 split so only 7 lbs of venison used) of picnic sticks on this guy and the rest ground. With my 80/20 (20% pork fat) split on ground I should end up with 40-45 lbs of ground based on his carcass weight. My second deer this season will likely be half dried sausage and rest pin-wheel steaks or poppers. I rarely take a third but if I do it'll likely be more ground as that's the most usable, maybe some more dried sausage and picnic sticks.
Nice! Sounds like A good plan to me. Enjoy!

What do you use for deer? .303 / .308?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice! Sounds like A good plan to me. Enjoy!

What do you use for deer? .303 / .308?

Over the years I've used 22-250 (first deer rifle as a kid/teen/college), 30-30 (336 Marlin lever-action), 308 (TL3 Custom), 300BLK (9" SBR), .257 Weatherby Magnum (Weatherby MkV), 6.5 Creedmoor (Bergara) but for the past two seasons I have been sticking with a custom Zermatt TL3 shorty 308 for pretty much any medium size game here in Texas. The 300BLK still see's pig patrol and the 30-30 makes a showing every season for nostalgias sake. The 22-250 and 257 will likely end up going to nephews for their first deer rifles.

xW74xo9.jpg

XymuCuZ.jpg

k83chuE.jpg

7EKhtSj.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Over the years I've used 22-250 (first deer rifle as a kid/teen/college), 30-30 (336 Marlin lever-action), 308 (TL3 Custom), 300BLK (9" SBR), .257 Weatherby Magnum (Weatherby MkV), 6.5 Creedmoor (Bergara) but for the past two seasons I have been sticking with a custom Zermatt TL3 shorty 308 for pretty much any medium size game here in Texas. The 300BLK still see's pig patrol and the 30-30 makes a showing every season for nostalgias sake. The 22-250 and 257 will likely end up going to nephews for their first deer rifles.

xW74xo9.jpg

XymuCuZ.jpg

k83chuE.jpg

7EKhtSj.jpg
Nice! Pig Patrol? Meaning wild boar?

Seeing the pics of the blind reminded me I had a pic to post in the unusual vehicles thread....

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice! Pig Patrol? Meaning wild boar?

Seeing the pics of the blind reminded me I had a pic to post in the unusual vehicles thread....

Yes, like this guy I whacked opening weekend. Most pigs around here are a blend of domestic and Russian boars, this one obviously has more Russian in him than domestic. They are a major problem here in Texas so we have a kill on sight order at our properties, the biggest fall first.

NicX7WO.jpg

phsycle

Adventurer
Yes, like this guy I whacked opening weekend. Most pigs around here are a blend of domestic and Russian boars, this one obviously has more Russian in him than domestic. They are a major problem here in Texas so we have a kill on sight order at our properties, the biggest fall first.

NicX7WO.jpg

I’ve been wanting to head to TX or FL for some hog hunting. I’m more of a wheel gun aficionado so I’d take my GP100.

By the way, you said “opening weekend.” I thought the “season” was year-round??

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

NicX7WO.jpg
Yeah, they're fast becoming a problem here too. There's no season or limits on wild boar hunting here.
I've read they actually taste pretty good. But any game meat here has to be sold through a registered farm (either by the farm or through a 3rd party retailer) so I've never tried it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I’ve been wanting to head to TX or FL for some hog hunting. I’m more of a wheel gun aficionado so I’d take my GP100.

By the way, you said “opening weekend.” I thought the “season” was year-round??

I love the GP100’s, great wheel guns. Opening weekend in regards to Whitetail deer, pigs are fair game 24/7/365.

Yeah, they're fast becoming a problem here too. There's no season or limits on wild boar hunting here.
I've read they actually taste pretty good. But any game meat here has to be sold through a registered farm (either by the farm or through a 3rd party retailer) so I've never tried it.

If you take the small ones, under 100lbs, they aren’t bad. The big ones can be good but you need to bleed them out on ice over 5-7 days. I don’t bother with them, pork is cheap so I leave them where they lay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner