Imperial Outdoors Xplore XR22

SlimPickens

Raspy, wow, Roamer1, assuming you are getting a deal with your interactions with roa. For me, the X195 looks nice, but cant justify the extra cheddar.

My X22 is my first trailer, and what an exorbitant cost, hopefully rolling with it for a solid 10 years. Seems like a real good build minus some issues.

EPO

What hitch comes standard with this one? I can't tell from the videos and print I've seen.

Raspy

I dropped of my X22 yesterday at ROA as part of my trade in deal with them. I'll be back to pick up the R1 as soon as they finish outfitting it. It seems weird to let the X22 go, and it is an excellent trailer, but I didn't keep my toy hauler, the Oliver or the Black Series very long either. But I will say that the X22 has been the best trailer if had by far, and now it is all dialed in. The R1 is similar to my Black Series HQ19, as far as the size and layout goes, except with much better quality, much better insulation and a company to back it up. It also has much more solar and a huge battery bank, with air adjustable swing arm suspension, etc.

The X22 comes stock with a standard ball hitch and a Lock n Roll hitch. I installed a McHitch which is far superior to the Lock N Roll.

SlimPickens

Hey well, congrats Raspy. I'm sure you took your fine toothed comb for the look over and if it snagged you, must be pretty top shelf. You might as well keep hanging in this thread and let us know how things go and what tweaks you plan and complete. I should have my bare minimum fully functional tweaks wrapped up soon and will post pics here.

Raspy

Stripping after being used it is panel flex.
I don't think so. The screws come stripped from the factory and many are already missing. Others fall out simply because they are already stripped. They don't strip "after being used". In the areas where they fall out, the trailer is extremely rigid. The screws are simply holding the moldings on, but offer no structural strength to the system or resistance to "flexing". If you have a chance, look at the system more carefully. There is a rigid skeleton and the panels are glued onto that skeleton. The screws are not structural. The trim simply covers the seams and deflects water.

Treefarmer

I don't think so. The screws come stripped from the factory and many are already missing. Others fall out simply because they are already stripped. They don't strip "after being used". In the areas where they fall out, the trailer is extremely rigid. The screws are simply holding the moldings on, but offer no structural strength to the system or resistance to "flexing". If you have a chance, look at the system more carefully. There is a rigid skeleton and the panels are glued onto that skeleton. The screws are not structural. The trim simply covers the seams and deflects water.
That's a good thing. You never want your run of the mill basic screw to serve as a "structural" element. ?

Alloy

That's a good thing. You never want your run of the mill basic screw to serve as a "structural" element. ?

If the screws weren't structural RVs would be built like expedition boxes that only use glue.

Recently looked at the back wall that is falling off a trailer. The trailer been used off/on road for 4 years. The 1st -2nd year the owner upgraded all the screws but the screws kept coming loose.

We are looking a building a aluminum X frame inside the back wall that will be bolted to the frame. Frame will be 1 1/2" angle - corners gussets will be 1/8" sheet with 3/4" flanges- maybe angle or round bar for the cross.

1676571626851.png

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

We have to abide by guidelines for listing price so it's instead listed with rebates
We have to abide by guidelines for listing price so it's instead listed with rebates

Well I commend you for doing that. One never knows what folks pay for these IO rigs but you guys seem to be more reasonable to buy from then any other IO dealer that I have noticed. Plus it would not suck to travel to your area to buy a trailer. I bought my 2010 Livin Lite pop up from a dealer near Salida.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

The following is a post by a lady on Facebook on her XR22. She is not the only one this has happened to. Other then the administrator chiming in its mostly crickets. This just bothers me and I think folks should know about these kind of issues

Raspy

The following is a post by a lady on Facebook on her XR22. She is not the only one this has happened to. Other then the administrator chiming in its mostly crickets. This just bothers me and I think folks should know about these kind of issues

This is not the first XR22 this has happened to. Apparently Imperial just ran the screws into the paneling and did not use proper screws into the aluminum skeleton. It's one more careless point about Imperial while building the X/XR trailers. Either the workers were unqualified or poorly trained on some of the issues. There are a number of issues that seem to slip by Isaak, and it is concerning. The basic design is very good, but they can't seem to manage the details very well. It seems indicative of a company run by one person, who seems maxed out. And where proper training is a problem. His lack of credible responses to problems is another problem, and very damaging to the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven