Increasing Power Wagon payload

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Very incorrect.

The only limiting factor is the GVW Rating on the door sticker. You cannot legally change that rating. The limiting components are not just the springs, almost every other suspension related component is designed for the rated payload and articulation capabilities too.

Conversly, simply putting PW springs into a standard W2500 will not give the W2500 the articulation and off road capabilities of a PW either.

suspension-wise, the only difference between the power wagon and a regular 2500 is the longer, softer springs, the use of blue/yellow bilstein shocks, disconnecting front sway-bar, and the front radius arms are the Articu-Link variant.

billiebob

no difference? longer springs yet the spring hangers are no changed, and moving the hangers will not affect the physics. and moving the spring hanger locations will not affect the strength of the frame cross section..... and wow, this is what makes the internet dangerous.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
He swapped in Hellwig heavy duty airbags and rear sway bar and was happy.

That works. His PW has coil springs and mine is leaf-sprung. I installed Carli Hemi spring packs and Firestone air bags in the rear, and it solved my payload issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3