InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
I look forward to your report on the Maxxfan deluxe. I have wondered if iit was a justifiable option instead of a higher model fantastic fan.

The remote so far is a bit iffy. I'll keep notes on how well it works. Being able to open it remotely when driving, leave open in the rain, and the thermostat auto mode is what sold me on it.

Cole

Expedition Leader
13178264903_a46f40b6c2_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
It's been kinda fun "figuring this thing out".

I now think I have an idea of what I want to build inside. It's just going to be a matter of making it now.

I'm having coffee with a buddy of mine this morning that is MUCH more skilled at woodworking than I am. Hoping he will help me with some stuff in both vans.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I should probably change the title to "Ghetto Fab Sprinter Build":sombrero:

I've been trying to keep this build cheap since I don't really need the van and its really an extra extra vehicle at the moment. With this in mind I've been keeping my eye on Craigslist. Specifically the "free" section.

It was fairly obvious from scenes like this one that I needed some carpet in the van. Neither one of my dogs like to lay just on the wood floor unless its really hot out.

13362200474_abe402b73c_b.jpg

You can see how much free wood floor there was around him, but he is trying to stay totally on the random carpet square:)

13362218774_93ddfe6ec1_b.jpg

Yesterday I scored some carpet from an office building remodel. Rubber backed commercial carpet. Most of it in pretty good shape.

13335187923_86d6f81955_b.jpg

About 3/4 of the stuff is a grey/tan mix and the last 1/4 is just tan. Actually ties the colors of the van together well.

Here is a piece laying on the wood floor in the van.

13335441104_9ce37786f3_b.jpg

I also had some "extreme tile adhesive" laying around from another project that was never going to get used again. So for the total cost of the gas to go get the carpet I was able to do the rear section of the van where I left off with the wood laminate.

13361924013_e3d5917e0a_b.jpg

We have enough of this stuff that I think we will cover most of the side walls of the van with it. Should help keep the noise down and make the inside of the van feel a bit more comfortable. Once things like beds and cabinets get made you won't notice as much carpet.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Found these two seats on Craigslist for $40:smiley_drive: The grey color should blend with the vans interior better.

Figure I can split the current single rear seat into 2 rear seats. If I could find a second Eurovan Weekender Cooler seat base then I would have dual coolers under them for stood storage!....anyone know of one laying around?

13705698675_6e51fb1376_b_d.jpg

Think I will mount up the single tan Recaro as another office chair. (Already have a black leather Porsche Sport seat one, its a nice place to drink coffee:coffeedrink:)

Cole

Expedition Leader
Whipped out the upholstery steam cleaner today. Sucked about 6 gallons of nasty black water out of those seats. Along with a pile of trash that was stuck in between the upper and lower cushion. (Including more than 20 candles!!??:Wow1:)

Jb1rd

Explorer
Whipped out the upholstery steam cleaner today. Sucked about 6 gallons of nasty black water out of those seats. Along with a pile of trash that was stuck in between the upper and lower cushion. (Including more than 20 candles!!??:Wow1:)

Gotta love Craigslist !!!!!! Always get more (or less) than you bargained for :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven