InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
I almost went there the first time instead of the Eurovan.

I do prefer to have a variety of vehicles around to suit different moods!

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I almost went there the first time instead of the Eurovan.

I do prefer to have a variety of vehicles around to suit different moods!

Yep. Like for me, when it comes to mtn biking and paddling, I'm totally Pro-Choice: I believe in having a choice of what to ride or paddle that day.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I really want to get into paddling. I've done just a tiny bit of it over the years. Raced Hobie cats, windsurfers and other winter craft. Done some canoeing, but want to get the family into other paddling. Kinda tough in Colorado since we mostly just have violent small rivers. Great for adventurous stuff but not great for hauling a 1 year old around.

Mountain biking is kinda a given for us. Have two pros in the family and I did it as a Police officer in another life!

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
It's funny how a PO transforms from "He seems ok" to "If I ever see him again I will skin him alive!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Translation: After you spend some time with a newly purchased used vehicle, your opinion of the previous owner often changes from good to poor after you see some of the stuff they did to said used vehicle.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Translation: After you spend some time with a newly purchased used vehicle, your opinion of the previous owner often changes from good to poor after you see some of the stuff they did to said used vehicle.

I think that's only really true if you don't know what you are looking at. I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. Certainly not my most challenging project so far.

Jb1rd

Explorer
We can hook up once I am back I used to own a kayak school up in Vail and also used to teach out east and was an awesome time. Now I just run for fun and keep it mellow. Can get your little one in a real kayak in 3 or 4 years Jackson kayak makes these little micro kayaks that are so cool. But there is plenty to do on the rivers with the fam without getting too crazy. Love to mountain bike too, raced a few seasons back in the early 90's and been in love ever since.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
To insure we take this thread tangent way too far, you sound enough like me that I feel the need to warn you: This is what you may be in for should you get serious about paddle sports.

]
IMG_2073.jpg

Not one of these boats are redundant, they all are for a specific types of paddling. I moved to Bellingham so I could more easily keep them all wet, there's every type of paddling you could want around here.

It may be obvious to jbird roughly when I got out of the kayak industry and was therefore unable to Pro Deal boats as much. :sombrero:

Great riding here, too, so yes, My wife and I are Pro Choice riders, too.

garage016800.jpg

Thanks for indulging .

Jb1rd

Explorer
To insure we take this thread tangent way too far, you sound enough like me that I feel the need to warn you: This is what you may be in for should you get serious about paddle sports.

]
IMG_2073.jpg

Not one of these boats are redundant, they all are for a specific types of paddling. I moved to Bellingham so I could more easily keep them all wet, there's every type of paddling you could want around here.

It may be obvious to jbird roughly when I got out of the kayak industry and was therefore unable to Pro Deal boats as much. :sombrero:

garage016800.jpg

Thanks for indulging .
Indeed, I had that same Pyranha, and the wave sport too :) Never got into the Neckys but a few friends liked them a lot. I have been boating Jackson's for the past 8 or 9 years and absolutely love them. That is a nice quiver of boats and bikes, obviously a man with his priorities straight and head crooked :)

Cole

Expedition Leader

]
IMG_2073.jpg

Thanks for indulging .

Hmm.....I dunno, the 2-3rd boat from the left look slightly redundant:coffeedrink:

Thanks for posting! I'm all for an open, flowing, meandering conversation! It's these exact type of outside interests these vans are here to support!

Jb1rd

Explorer
Hmm.....I dunno, the 2-3rd boat from the left look slightly redundant:coffeedrink:

Thanks for posting! I'm all for an open, flowing, meandering conversation! It's these exact type of outside interests these vans are here to support!
Nope those are for the better half I am assuming or for friends in need :) you will never have a redundant boat I assure you!!! And yes this is exactly what these rigs are for, to get out of the rat race and into a bit of solitude!

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Thanks, guts.

Good eye, Cole. They are different versions of the same design. The orange boat is 16' NDK Romany, awesome for small craft advisories, big water, high winds, instructing, etc., and yes, when we paddle together, The Jen-erator paddles the 16.

The white one 17'6 NDK Romany Explorer, if you want to add multi day camping to all the above. More volume, can pack extra Guiness.

EJ was just a super nice major ********** stud paddler when I was in the industry. Well, I guess he was a year or two into his Jackson's when I was wrapping things up.

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
I sent off my stock ECU file to Green Diesel Engineering on Saturday and Keith turned it around so fast that I missed the email with the new file. Loaded it up today but haven't driven it yet.

I am curious about one of their claims of cleaner oil due to the reduction of the ERG useage, so I changed my oil today at the same time I loaded the tune. I kept about a 1/4 quart of the old oil in a glass jar.

Here is a 1/4 quart of old oil that has splashed up the side of the jar a bit next to a fresh 1/2 quart of Mobile one 0-40. (easy way to get 9.5 quarts in with two 5 quart jugs, just pour half quart out for later use) Might take an oil change or two to see a difference, but I'll post back when that happens.

12615594515_4f1b19bf96_b.jpg

Jb1rd

Explorer
Thanks, guts.

Good eye, Cole. They are different versions of the same design. The orange boat is 16' NDK Romany, awesome for small craft advisories, big water, high winds, instructing, etc., and yes, when we paddle together, The Jen-erator paddles the 16.

The white one 17'6 NDK Romany Explorer, if you want to add multi day camping to all the above. More volume, can pack extra Guiness.

EJ was just a super nice major ********** stud paddler when I was in the industry. Well, I guess he was a year or two into his Jackson's when I was wrapping things up.
He is still a stud and his boy Dane is equally impressive, possibly even betters an his old man. The Jackson's have been incredible ambassador's for the sport and industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven