InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Jb1rd

Explorer
A little off topic but not really, you bought your van in Maine, how was the overall rust, how hard was it to get it registered in CO with the maine title? It so happens that this E350 is from Maine and still titled there, so rather than title it in FL and retitle again in CO I will just do it there.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Slow progress. The weather was much nicer today so I had a chance to work on a few things.

Picked up a free set of Jeep TJ fog lights and a Westfalia fridge that needs a bit of love. Not really sure what I'm going to do with the fridge yet.

12512083064_451045b5aa_b_d.jpg

Fogs installed on the bumper thingy! Not wired yet.

12511546155_f9484feda7_b_d.jpg

My one year old helped while I put the E-track back on the passenger side wall! She was nice enough to take all my wrenches and put them in the drivers slider foot well.

12511507135_be4567c528_b_d.jpg

12511988864_fe57c27aef_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Tiny amounts of progress today. Only had a few minutes to work on it.

Jb1rd here hooked me up with a fair deal on 2 sets of 72" long Yakima tracks. Normally you can only get 60" ones and they never come up for sale used since they are always permanently mounted to toppers and such. So this gives me full length roof coverage to mount things on. Cargo boxes, solar, surfboards......maybe someday. Not sure what is going up there yet but its good to build in the option before I have all everything else done!

I also put a set of 60" on my Eurovan when I built it last year.

8898119476_41f828bb9e_b_d.jpg

3 of these are only mocked up. I thought I hade enough Yakima hardware laying around but I was short. So I'll need to go get hardware to finish. I mounted them as far outboard as I could to get the mount as close to the side wall of the van as possible. This should maximize its load capacity.

12526373813_bd4b2972ac_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Got this in the mail last night.

For some reason I can't resist a good tune!

Actually, since I put much larger tires on the Sprinter I figured anything I can do to compensate for the gear ratio change would be a good idea. I've read all sorts of great things about this tuning company on a couple of forums. They do stuff for the Jeeps, Mercedes and of course the Sprinters.

Since I will be driving up the Colorado Rockies often anything I can do to maximize power and fuel economy should pay itself off quickly. Since the tire change I've been tracking my fuel mileage and seem to be averaging about 18-19mpg in mixed driving. (and I have a heavy foot). This tune is supposed to increase the fuel economy by a few mpg while still adding some performance gains and cleaner oil. I'm excited to see if it lives up to all the hype. I'll post the results as I get them.

12540394863_8a5819e5e3_h.jpg

cwm

Observer
One of the best pictures in the entire thread is the dog laying in the doorway watching the baby.

Cole

Expedition Leader
One of the best pictures in the entire thread is the dog laying in the doorway watching the baby.

I agree:sombrero: I always figure some "real life" shots add to the interest instead of super techy stuff only!

T.Low

Expedition Leader
No wonder you drink so much coffee. Projects, rides, camping, build threads on probably 3 different forums, and still find time to debate 2wd locked vs 4wd, Vanagons vs Eurovans, and who knows what else!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven