InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
If you drive for a while with the plastic cover that sits over the injectors off then the remaining "black death" residue will slowly disappear when the engine gets hot enough.

So you had no real issues pulling the injector out? Just replaced the washer and hold down bolt I guess?

My van doesn't have the black plastic cover that normally covers the injectors. Which I suspecting why I could here the injector when it started leaking.

I soaked it in oven cleaner and Sea Foam deep creep for about a week before trying to pull the injector. I drove the van all day before trying to pull it so that everything was nice and hot too. Put up a small fight but I had it out in about 15 minutes without restoring to a puller. (Good thing since I don't have a puller)

Cleaned it all out, cleaned up the injector, new bolt and copper seal. Seems good so far. Fired right up and drove nice.

Cole

Expedition Leader
A few days ago I used some Duplicolor bed liner to paint over the non-matching hood lip where the Dodge grill had been. Had to sand. Down where the crap paint dropped off like a giant cliff onto the stock paint. Same with the area where the Dodge emblem had been.

Not sure I like it or not yet.

14089502742_9dc81a7421_b_d.jpg

14112909303_11bb869f05_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Finally tracked down a second Eurovan refrigerator/cooler seat base. These things a nearly unobtainium!

This landed on my porch last night so this morning I dove right in! Cut off the factory VW seat mounts and started fabbing up my own mounts for the conversion van seats I got off Craigslist.

13960884837_ed3064df0b_b_d.jpg

Little cutting, welding, grinding, drilling and painting later and we have a second seat base.

14124375236_6f1997659d_b_d.jpg

With the seat, its 95% complete here. I need to get some more appropriate hardware to bolt it down and install the seat belt.

This is what I now call my "Dualer" or "Dooler". Since there is a functional fridge/cooler under each seat. Just need to add a house battery system and plugs under each mount to power them.

14147746694_dc4fd937fc_b_d.jpg

I'm going to add some floor lighting (as soon as I find the appropriate lights) in the holes left from the center mounted seat set up.

Next I'll get a table mount and swivels for the front seats.

13960879257_bb88599274_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Are those are thermal-electric type coolers?

Pretty "cool" way to go...

Finally tracked down a second Eurovan refrigerator/cooler seat base. These things a nearly unobtainium!

This landed on my porch last night so this morning I dove right in! Cut off the factory VW seat mounts and started fabbing up my own mounts for the conversion van seats I got off Craigslist.

13960884837_ed3064df0b_b_d.jpg

Little cutting, welding, grinding, drilling and painting later and we have a second seat base.

14124375236_6f1997659d_b_d.jpg

With the seat, its 95% complete here. I need to get some more appropriate hardware to bolt it down and install the seat belt.

This is what I now call my "Dualer" or "Dooler". Since there is a functional fridge/cooler under each seat. Just need to add a house battery system and plugs under each mount to power them.

14147746694_dc4fd937fc_b_d.jpg

I'm going to add some floor lighting (as soon as I find the appropriate lights) in the holes left from the center mounted seat set up.

Next I'll get a table mount and swivels for the front seats.

13960879257_bb88599274_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Yeah, the coolers run off 12v. They aren't very efficient from my understanding but they will keep things about 20* or so cooler than the outside temp. Cooler if we toss some frozen water bottles in them too.

We never travel with much that needs to really be refrigerated. So this will be a more efficient use of space than a traditional cooler. Keeps things safe from the dogs too.

digitaldelay

Explorer
Are those are thermal-electric type coolers?

Pretty "cool" way to go...

Those cooler seats are awesome! You would have got extra points if one was a cooler and the other was a porta-potti, lol! Of course, that makes proper labelling very important, haha.

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cole

Expedition Leader
Those cooler seats are awesome! You would have got extra points if one was a cooler and the other was a porta-potti, lol! Of course, that makes proper labelling very important, haha.

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I thought about it. Came down to a few points.

-All the PortaPotis are too tall to make a symmetrical seating arrangement.

-In order to make the cooler capacity usable with some ice bottles included in them we needed some more space.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Adding to the list of things that can be done inside the Sprinter but not inside my Eurovan. Today's addition, playing frisbee. Note that I'm throwing for the second row of seats!:coffeedrink:

14188320205_690f2ec31f_b_d.jpg

Also notice that pesky white rear door! I thought I had enough left over paint from the seat color matching project to make the inside of this rear door match.......I was wrong!! DOH!! Sometimes projects just don't go your way. Note nought paint to properly coat it, but still an improvement over the white until more paint arrives!

14188312255_e40c45d2e5_b_d.jpg

packmule

Observer
So are you planning to keep and use both or just the Sprinter? They're both great rigs... One's just super sized! :sombrero:

Cole

Expedition Leader
So are you planning to keep and use both or just the Sprinter? They're both great rigs... One's just super sized! :sombrero:

I really like both! You can see from the size difference how they can be very different. I will probably have to get the Sprinter built out more and camp in it some to really decide......but......I'm also a bit of a car hoarder! I like having a variety of cool things to fiddle around with!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
So very different yet so much the same. It would be hard to let either go if they were mine. LOVE the VW, but the space in the Sprinter would be hard to give up. With the Sprinter camperized, it will be a winner I am sure! But then again...that VW turned out nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven