InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

papaduc

That's a great picture... We have an aussie that would for sure try to jam into that small space.

Sent by the dog

Cole

Expedition Leader
Well, I stumbled on this on craigslist.

http://www.soundproofcow.com/Quiet-Batt-30-Soundproofing-Insulation.html

80% recycled sound proofing/insulation material that was new leftovers from a shooting range build.

I got 5 giant boxes of the stuff for about 35% of the new cost.

14307097755_0b99013923_b_d.jpg

14307106115_dc4b276da0_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
The cool part is that there might be enough to actually do the Sprinter and the Eurovan

Cole

Expedition Leader
So, Cole - you want to make the Sprinter rust faster? :eek:
Cotton = moisture/water absorbent. Might work fine in homes, not sure I would stuff it in my van's walls.
I'm using this stuff, followed by Enguard for insulation, same as my last Syncro build. http://acousticalsolutions.com/31~vbd-10-damping-compound

You are greatly over estimating the rust issue in the high deserts of the USA :coffeedrink:.

I'll give you an example.

I can take a shower at 8 A.M and at Noon. Using the same dry cotton towel to dry off each time:Wow1: That is inside my humidified house!! With a window open its even faster.

Around here breathable cotton fibers will stay plenty dry!

My bigger concern is insulation against the searing sun and cool nights!

On our wettest days I don't think you could generate enough moisture to get through the insulation to the body panels anyway.

Looks like your average rainfall is about 50" ours is under 14". You also live nearer the ocean. Point being, stuff in Colorado just doesn't rust.

Last edited:
You are greatly over estimating the rust issue in the high deserts of the USA:coffeedrink:.
I'll give you an example. I can take a shower at 8 A.M and at Noon. Using the same dry cotton towel to dry off each time:Wow1: That is inside my humidified house!! With a window open its even faster.
Around here breathable cotton fibers will stay plenty dry!
My bigger concern is insulation against the searing sun and cool nights!
On our wettest days I don't think you could generate enough moisture to get through the insulation to the body panels anyway.
Looks like your average rainfall is about 50" ours is under 14". You also live nearer the ocean. Point being, stuff in Colorado just doesn't rust.

You do know Sprinters just rust sitting there, right? :) Heating/cooling cycles produce condensation. If any leaks happen (windows installed?) and rain finds its way in, the stuff will stay soaked. Ocean doesn't affect me 250 miles away - the salt poured over the roads in winter, yes. I don't WANT to be here...I'm working on moving to the high desert of Oregon hopefully this year.
BTW, if you're planning windows soon - I found a great deal on some PolyPlastic windows - touted as better than Seitz - should you be interested let me know sizes. I'm ordering some in about a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven