InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
I may be interested in the windows.

This stuff for the insulation is basically just a thicker version of the factory jute found under carpet and in doors/trunks. It will breath and dry, not stay wet. Especially here.

Hell, it may actually keep these panels drier.

I did some of the van today and it should work out great. Definitely quieter already.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Great thread. Wish I'd been paying attention when you were in Maine. You'll have to come back someday during the "good" season to take advantage of our woods, lakes, and ocean.

SG

Cole

Expedition Leader
Great thread. Wish I'd been paying attention when you were in Maine. You'll have to come back someday during the "good" season to take advantage of our woods, lakes, and ocean.

SG

Funny you should mention that.

I've got two motorcycles currently in NJ. Would love to ride NE on them but then need a place to store them for the winter.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Funny you should mention that.

I've got two motorcycles currently in NJ. Would love to ride NE on them but then need a place to store them for the winter.

If I had the space I'd offer it up. Local storage facilities in So. ME are relatively cheap if you'd consider that route. A single 8x10 unit wouldn't cost much more than a benny per month. If interested I could get you the numbers of a couple local and reputable places.

SG

Cole

Expedition Leader
The problem we've found with storage units is that many don't want vehicles full of fuel in them and/or don't have electricity for battery tenders.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
This is probably the case with the local storage facilities as well. Fuel isn't a big deal since you shouldn't store it with the crap gas we all have to buy these days, but electricity could be a problem unless you wanted to remove the battery and bring it along.

SG

Cole

Expedition Leader
Storing a motorcycle in the ideal conditions at home without fuel is one thing. When you can put your fuel can in a car and go get fuel.

Storing a bike a thousand miles from home is another.

These bikes have been on the road for many years now, boarder to boarder and coast to coast.

I've often had to hike a few miles to the storage locations once the nearest reasonable public transportation options are exhausted.

They are KLRs. They run on anything and have always fired right up. The longest I've let them sit with fuel is 1.5 years and they always fire right up.

Then they get ridden hard for a 9 days and tossed into storage again somewhere new.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Understood. I used to ride KLR's and know where you're coming from here. Best of luck with the project.

SG

Cole

Expedition Leader
Scored this today on Craigslist for $175

It's a RV bed that folds back to be a couch. Not exactly what I had in mind but might work out really well. Not sure exactly how I'm going to mount it yet. If I put it all the way to one side then I have room to build in about 10" of storage cabinets. I could also make it easily removable (very light weight). To retain the cargo abilities.

One idea was to hinge it to flip forward. It would make its own cargo wall and allow for large cargo behind it.

14391447634_5f4f7df1f2_b_d.jpg

14391449144_b066bb1ac2_b_d.jpg

14206046707_536ca772de_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
We'll we finally camped in the Sprinter. Went to a farm for a wedding and camped in the van afterward to avoid any drinking and driving.

The three of us and the two dogs! Works very well. Definitely easier and more comfortable than the Eurovan with all of us.

......except for fighting my wolf for bed space in the morning!

Notice the dual slider in action!

14485478955_9a59350f3c_b_d.jpg

100lbs of wolf hybrid trying to act cute! Don't let the look fool you, this is the sharpest pile of fur on earth!

14298860799_1597953496_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Hey Cole. How is the MaxxAir fan working out for you? I am interested in this model. Brad

It's actually pretty good. I have it running nearly 100% of the time I'm in/near the van.

The remote takes a bit of "getting used to" as far as the way it "does work" vs the way it "should work". Otherwise it's helped a lot.

Wish they weren't so expensive as I would add a second one up front and one to the Eurovan too!

Cole

Expedition Leader
Well, patience seems to have paid off again. I just scored about 185 FEET of 1515 (1.5" square). 80/20 aluminum extrusion with a bunch of fasteners on them for $239

Hard to see it all in the Sprinter since most is hiding under the bed.

14373530377_b85bb25230_b_d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven