Adventurer
I love wind farms. Silent and powerful.

DSC_0041-1.jpg

Glacier National Park

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

Calgary

DSC_0097.jpg

This was a couple from Liechtenstein that we meet at Devils Tower. They drove all the way across Canada from Halifax and then were taking the states back across.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

One of the best showers I've ever had.

DSC_0006.jpg

Last edited:

LateNate

Adventurer
Sorry for the mix of pics and videos. I am still getting use to this internet downloading fun. Hopefully at one point all the media will start coming in order. Heres a new vid for you viewers. Hope you enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmsgQfZl7Uw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmsgQfZl7Uw[/ame]

womacje

Adventurer
I have plans to do the same Tip to Tip trip next year. I'll be following along. Good luck guys and don't have TOO much fun!!! If you are in S. Chile check out a cool town called Pucon and for south Rio a great surf town with a good night scene is Florianopolis and Floripa Brazil.

Great to see you guys doing it and not getting lost in the toys... like myself.

LateNate

Adventurer
I have plans to do the same Tip to Tip trip next year. I'll be following along. Good luck guys and don't have TOO much fun!!! If you are in S. Chile check out a cool town called Pucon and for south Rio a great surf town with a good night scene is Florianopolis and Floripa Brazil.

Great to see you guys doing it and not getting lost in the toys... like myself.

Thanks for the info!

LateNate

Adventurer
Trying to figure out a cheap way to get to Barrow. Its hard to come this far and not get to the Northern most part. We at least have to try.

Tacoma4life

The last time I checked in we were in Kansas City. We have made a little ground since then. We are currently in Bozeman, MT. We have taken 90W most of the way. Zig zaging in and out of the scenic highways and National parks. We have meet a lot of interesting and helpful people along the way. The truck is doing well, but I think some sort of suspension help in the rear will be necessary. We are going to schedule some sort of appointment farther North on 90 to get bags or helper springs. Hope you guys have a good Labor Day weekend. Let me know if there is anyone up in these here parts.

DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg

Hey, that's my home turf...:victory:

LateNate

Adventurer
Some new pics.

Banff Hot Springs
P9120002.jpg

The only Bald Eagle I have seen so far. And the first.
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Somewhere along the Alaskan highway.
DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

The trail to Summit Mountain.
DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0113-1.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Robert Campbell Highway
DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

LateNate

Adventurer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bVTBFVPbU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bVTBFVPbU[/ame]

Once again video is a little late, but better than never.

LateNate

Adventurer
We made it to Fairbanks and parked it at a Backpackers Hostel for a bit. We organized ourselves and we planned on doing the Dalton Highway the next day. I meet a German guy named Timo who was wanting to hike in the Brooks Range and I told him we were headed that way and I also would like to do some hiking. He slept in the passenger front seat. We call the cab our guest bedroom now.

We headed North and took in mind all the advice everyone gave us about the semi trucks and weather. It turned out to all be true.

The road up to Coldfoot wasn't bad, but after it was mostly dirt. We stayed in Coldfoot the first night and we were lucky enough to see Aurora Borealis. We headed out the next day to hike in the Brooks Range. We climbed some nameless mountain right on the edge of the range. One direction was giant mountains, the other flat tundra. it was a drastic change in landscape. It also was a huge wall that held the weather back. The North Slope was blanketed in two inches of snow the next day and South of the Antigun Pass, there was none.

We came back to the truck after the hike and Freddy had taken a long nap. He left the driving lights on and killed the battery. We have a jumper, but it was dead also. We ended up using our jumper cables and our aux battery to jump ourselves. That was the worse of the Dalton Highway we experienced. Very Lucky.

We again headed North into the tundra toward Deadhorse and got there early in the night. Not much there besides the hotels, post office, general store, and the trillion dollar land. We left the next day and made it back to Coldfoot once again. Then the day after that we made it down to Chena hot springs for a nice relaxing night after our long drive on the Dalton.
Everything in the back of the camper was destroyed. The highway made the back of the camper like a tumbler and through everything everywhere. We have it all back to its proper place now.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

LateNate

Adventurer
Should be heading to Anchorage tomorrow. I would like to do some surfing on the South coast if accessible. Definitely hitting up Seward and Homer and maybe Kodiak.

mountainsoul

Adventurer
Dude, your pics make me laugh...I love 'em

+1

You guys are like the Laurel and Hardy of overlanding and obviously don't take yourselves too seriously which I love. And it's a nice change for ExPo. Keep up the good work and enjoy the rest of the trip. Travel safe.

unURBAN

Adventurer
Fantastic pictures!

Make sure to stop in Talkeetna and hang out at the Roadhouse on your way south. A great laidback place with the best blueberry pancakes I've ever had!

E&M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach