Its our turn for the Pan-Am

LateNate

Adventurer
Fantastic pictures!

Make sure to stop in Talkeetna and hang out at the Roadhouse on your way south. A great laidback place with the best blueberry pancakes I've ever had!

E&M
I would like to stop there, but we are ballers on a budget. We have to stick to the Ramen and Oatmeal. I do want to stop in that town though. I heard its wear all the climbers start out for Denali. Probably all done for this season though.

unURBAN

Adventurer
I would like to stop there, but we are ballers on a budget. We have to stick to the Ramen and Oatmeal. I do want to stop in that town though. I heard its wear all the climbers start out for Denali. Probably all done for this season though.

The climbing would be done... Put you'll probably still be able to feel the right atmosphere!
And even a small cup of coffee at the Roadhouse will give you good internet access and really comfortable sofa for the whole day (and refill is free!) ;-)

E&M

LateNate

Adventurer
The climbing would be done... Put you'll probably still be able to feel the right atmosphere!
And even a small cup of coffee at the Roadhouse will give you good internet access and really comfortable sofa for the whole day (and refill is free!) ;-)

E&M

Sweet, we'll check it out.

LateNate

Adventurer
Once again, the video is a little behind. But here is the video for Calgary and Glacier.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfmOOmUV7co"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfmOOmUV7co[/ame]

defrag4

Road Warrior
awesome trip guys, im about the same age and planning a similar route now, how much did you guys budget for this trip if you dont mind me asking, im planning to live cheap in the truck and eat rice, macaroni, ramen etc, pretty mcuh just spending money on gas, repairs, and beer of course

LateNate

Adventurer
awesome trip guys, im about the same age and planning a similar route now, how much did you guys budget for this trip if you dont mind me asking, im planning to live cheap in the truck and eat rice, macaroni, ramen etc, pretty mcuh just spending money on gas, repairs, and beer of course

I really don't want to post money, but all I can say is that make this trip a priority and spend way less than you normally do. I sold a lot of stuff before we left and had two jobs. Just save as much as you can and have you departure date set. Leave with what ever you have and make it work. Money is not as important. It's being efficient with it.

LateNate

Adventurer
Yes we have finally left Fairbanks after a week of fun and excitement. The trip South has finally started. I felt accomplished since we did spend a week there. One, we finished the Dalton highway without any major incidents. We did have to get the wheels re-aligned and found that we needed a new tie rod. I got to climb at Angel rocks and we visited Chena Hot springs more than once. We also got to participate in an amateur lumberjack competition. Also the foreign friends we made will hopefully be everlasting. And we will be knocking on their doors in the future!

We have arrived in Anchorage and are working on things to do here. Stay tuned and I'll get some new pics and video up soon.:wings:

LateNate

Adventurer
Just to let everyone know, this isn't as easy as it looks. The girl team beat us. But they were some burly girls.
DSC_0003-2.jpg

Same with the burling... When we arrived there was a layer of ice on that pond as well.
DSC_0020.jpg

This is Freddy eating s@#$.
DSC_0025.jpg

Chena Hot Springs. We have an international group here. US of course, Germany, and Tasmania!
PA030003.jpg

LateNate

Adventurer
This is the video we just got done from Calgary and Banff.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUw4kUgKjYY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUw4kUgKjYY[/ame]

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
great trip so far man....loving your report!

I am heading south in a few months. Perhaps we will cross paths...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach