ITTOG's Truck Camper Build (was 6' x 12' Trailer Conversion)

ITTOG

I hope your surgery went smoothly and quickly!
Thanks for checking in on me.

They said it was worse than the MRI showed but was still 100% successful. Luckily there was minimal arthritis. Thus, shave the bone, repair a detached and torn labrum, repair a tendon, and remove the bursa. Just your standard hip stuff. The equipment I have to use is crazy. Not really in design, just a lot of it.

To wear while I sleep to ensure feet do not rotate. Have to stay at twelve o'clock position.
1650905530341.png

To ensure no blood clots develop. They inflate to massage the calves. At least 4 hours daily.
1650905593714.png

To help reduce swelling. Doc said every hour possible of every day for at least two weeks. I love this thing. Way better than ice packs.
1650905665793.png

Items to protect and help me walk.
1650905721146.png1650905742251.png

Now just the recovery to complete.

1000arms

You are welcome!

Wow, a bit more medical material, and, once you finish healing, you could skin and insulate your camper with it! :cool:

ITTOG

You are welcome!

Wow, a bit more medical material, and, once you finish healing, you could skin and insulate your camper with it! :cool:
Yeah, too bad I can't snap my fingers and it turn into my vinyl. I should have bought a sewing machine and all the materials and tried making my vinyl on my own but I really am not interested. When I am able to drive i think I will go talk to a boat cover shop a few miles from me and if they can't/won't do it then I will do it myself. Maybe!

1000arms

Yeah, too bad I can't snap my fingers and it turn into my vinyl. I should have bought a sewing machine and all the materials and tried making my vinyl on my own but I really am not interested. When I am able to drive i think I will go talk to a boat cover shop a few miles from me and if they can't/won't do it then I will do it myself. Maybe!
I understand paying someone to do something if one really doesn't want to do it (or can't do it).

But, ..., you have learned a lot building your camper so far, and building your own fabric parts would allow you to make adjustments as needed rather than paying someone else to do them.

I suspect you would also put fabric skills and a sewing machine to use for awning(s), curtains, tool/utensil rolls, cushions, and ...? :)

Although I am not familiar with the following book, it might be a place to start, perhaps borrowed from a library? Canvaswork and Sail Repair by Don Casey

Any thoughts @calicamper and @BritKLR ?

ITTOG

Good timing, I had my first post-op doctor's appointment this morning. Doc says I am ahead of schedule and can start weening myself off the crutches next Tuesday, which is three weeks. Then focus on being able to walk without a limp. He said it sounds crazy but it isn't easy and the physical therapist will be very important during this step. Still a lot of healing required but I am ahead of schedule which has been my goal! Thanks for asking.

ITTOG

Going well. Tuesday was three weeks and I ditched the crutches. Next Tuesday I get to start working on strengthening and range of motion. Probably a few weeks before I get to start working on the camper again. I need to get where I can easily crawl around and use ladders. Luckily my son is back from college so he gets to handle the heavy work whenever needed. It is killing me having to wait.

1000arms

... I need to get where I can easily crawl around and use ladders. ...
:unsure: ... At the same time? ... :cool: ...
I wouldn't put it past me. In fact, probably has already happened on this build.
:unsure: ... That would probably explain why you ordered the trampoline mesh. ... :cool:

ITTOG

Still going well. The hip is not what limits me, the physical therapy plan is. With that said, that doesn't mean I am ready to be doing a lot of work. I am still limited to walking for only 10 minutes and the leg gives out very quickly when standing, walking, etc. I am hoping to start doing some things soon though. Most of my limitations are what angles (forward, backward, and outward) I am allowed to move the leg. I see the doctor next week so I am going to ask if I can start pushing the envelope on standing and walking as long as I stay inside the angle restrictions and don't experience pain.

Thanks again.

1000arms

Still going well. The hip is not what limits me, the physical therapy plan is. With that said, that doesn't mean I am ready to be doing a lot of work. I am still limited to walking for only 10 minutes and the leg gives out very quickly when standing, walking, etc. I am hoping to start doing some things soon though. Most of my limitations are what angles (forward, backward, and outward) I am allowed to move the leg. I see the doctor next week so I am going to ask if I can start pushing the envelope on standing and walking as long as I stay inside the angle restrictions and don't experience pain.

Thanks again.
Hoping to safely strengthen things as quickly as you can?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3