J8 Expedition Project:

Jblankster

oh yeah also, how does that FLIR work? does the camera/flir system just connect to a video input on the nav system? or is that screen setup just for flir and other cool military things?

gabepari

Explorer
oh yeah also, how does that FLIR work? does the camera/flir system just connect to a video input on the nav system? or is that screen setup just for flir and other cool military things?

Just works with the stock nav system, acts like a backup camera. One of my customers said that it was an option when he had his MyGIG installed in his JK. Said it was STUPID money, so he passed :Wow1:

Gabe

Jblankster

yeah thermal imaging camera systems are VERY expensive. eventually, like night vision, FLIR will come down in price. but i really do not see any time soon. not very many civilian uses for them...on cars at least.

alosix

Expedition Leader
It's a love/hate thing with that guy, alosix.

Thanks Scott.

Its more frustration. Drove 2 days straight to Overland Expo 2009 to see on. Filled out the AEV paperwork, started saving and haven't haven't seen one yet.

I hope one day it will come. They are an awesome Jeep, and I'm in need of a bigger Jeep soon.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Stage 1 & 2

We just got started with the storage solutions. Here we are showing the unfinished Stage 1 drawer and Stage 2 compartment being test fit.

Attachments

• Stage 1 Drawer 1-2 test fit.jpg
    Stage 1 Drawer 1-2 test fit.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Stage 1 Drawer 1-4 test fit.jpg
    Stage 1 Drawer 1-4 test fit.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Overland J8 Stage 2_rear box 001 and water heater copy.jpg
    Overland J8 Stage 2_rear box 001 and water heater copy.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Overland J8 Stage 2_rear box 006.jpg
    Overland J8 Stage 2_rear box 006.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 201
S

Street Wolf

We just got started with the storage solutions. Here we are showing the unfinished Stage 1 drawer and Stage 2 compartment being test fit.

What material exactly is this being built out of?

Doctor W

Adventurer
[/URL].

Factory fire extinguisher - a nice touch (love the cyrillic too)
J8_Intro_2.jpg

Just one thing - that's not Cyrillic. It's Arabic!!!!

FANTASTIC - I WANT one too, saw it before in a write up in an Aussie Jeep magazine - "Australian Jeep Action" - and US mag, "JP"......but they didn't show action shots!

Not the Cyrillic Fire Extinguisher! - the JEEP!

Last edited:

Doctor W

Adventurer
Over here in Australia you can buy a JK (2 or 4 door) with the same 2.8 VM Diesel in auto or manual as long as it's NOT a a Rubicon (V6 petrol only) and you can opt for a package that costs (AU$1000 or 1500) and gives you electrically locking front and rear diffs and front sway bar disconnects (electric) and maybe a few other things (can't recall atm).......needless to say, it's been pretty popular!

AFSOC

Explorer
I read somewhere that the J8 is not going to be street legal?
True?
False?
Any Details?

I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be street legal.

What I am curious about is importation and registration. I hope all the details on what documentation is required and what agencies must be satisfied are shared with the forum. I am always curious about the legal details on importing, registering and insuring exotics.

A topic like this could probably be it's own thread, but should be referenced in this one.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
In the third picture from the left, what's hidden between the box and the passenger seats?

That black cylinder is a 1.6 gallon heat exchange hot water heater. After the installation is complete, it will be fully concealed (and accessible), protected by a metal shroud. It will be heated by engine coolant. The cold water tank will be a 13.2 gallon collapsible unit. Total on board water 14.8 gallons. More pics soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater