Jack's Adventure Thread (previous Xterra build)

marty1977

Adventurer
Truck looks awesome mate. I like your roof shelf in the cargo area for those little light stuff i must arrange something like that.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Wow that hatch mod is incredible! Put on my to do list for sure!

Awesome. I love the roof lining too! Where did you find such a large spread for that?

Um........Jo-Ann Fabrics :eek:

Truck looks awesome mate. I like your roof shelf in the cargo area for those little light stuff i must arrange something like that.

That shelf is a LOBO - super easy to make. Four foot shelving unit and some carabiners.

Thanks guys!

Credit for the hatch goes to Ben (Silver Dude).

richard310

pew pew
Ha. There's no shame in going to JoAnn's, especially when they have coupons... yes I said it. :D I actually found an entire roll of Woodland Digital Camo there. They've got some good stuff, if they're on sale.

I just opened up my center dash after work today and wired up some toggle switches where you have them. It really is a great place for em. Now I just have to label both. I'll probably hit that rear hatch riser this weekend too. Thanks!

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Glad to help, my friend.

Doing a little maintenance this weekend - fluid checks, light checks, wiring checks, and Hi-Lift oil & paint. Reorganized all my recovery gear for easy access in preparation for the upcoming trail run this weekend. I have a feeling I'm going to be recovering more than usual.

I'll be taking the RTT; the last time I had this thing up there, it was a major PITA (not the tent's fault OR the DepHep rack's fault - they weren't built to work in conjunction with each other). So I opted for the easy route - take the DepHep off, flip that and the RTT upside-down, mount everything together, and then put the whole combination back up onto the rails. Easy peasy. We'll see what reality has to say about my theory...

IMG_20121214_zps2c0ec735.jpg

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
The Xterra had two good weekends in a row!

The first was spent on some mild sand trails, and then camping on a friend's spot of land. Not too many pictures were taken, but it was a really good time with just me & the pup.

DSCN6780_zps1a63abe3.jpg

DSCN6783_zpsbf9eaba3.jpg

The next day, we traveled around the state. We saw Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, and Lake Huron all in the same drive. It was beautiful.

DSCN6787_zps83220697.jpg

DSCN6789_zps3b7d141f.jpg

DSCN6794_zpsa3cbe2fb.jpg

DSCN6792_zps6bcff3e1.jpg

This past weekend was spent camping & biking with my buddy. Had to sell my roof-mounted Thule rack for a hitch-mounted rack so I could use my rooftop tent, and everything worked out really well. Didn't get any pictures of the campsite or trails as it rained excessively, but it was still a great weekend.

IMG_20140623_125051_zps0c2950ba.jpg

Everything has been reorganized and packed up again, ready to head to the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival in a few short weeks! Got a couple of things to do before then, including re-mounting my Hellas (finally), and getting rid of the horrendous, rattling heat shields.

richard310

pew pew
Talk about rattling, I've got creaking all over. If I had constant rattling, I'd go insane. And my trunk rattles. The creaking though, that's another story.

Were those the manifold heat shields that were rattling?

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Yes sir. I had gotten rid of the lower ones previously, the ones near the starter, but I didn't know the ones in the wheel well had become completely disconnected. It was a horrible rattle-buzz.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Yes sir. I had gotten rid of the lower ones previously, the ones near the starter, but I didn't know the ones in the wheel well had become completely disconnected. It was a horrible rattle-buzz.

I have a loose heat shield (again) ill have to take a look this weekend. Sounds lke the whole engine is going to explode through a certain rpm range

richard310

pew pew
It's not dangerous just annoying, I usually take a large screwdriver when I'm waiting for my oil to drain and push out heat shields with easy access (if I have a rattle)

It's the loud and annoying part that gets me. I can barely stand squeaks and creaks already! I'm definitely in the wrong form of transportation and interest....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal