Jah310 Trailer Build. Here goes...!

jah310

Adventurer
So I couldn't help it...I'm messing around with a set of Firestone airbags I found for cheap... made a few brackets this morning.

uvysepa8.jpg

be6y6e7e.jpg

Ryan Matthes

Adventurer and Explorer
Jah310 - great build - you motivated me to do one as well - can you tell me what / where you got the trailer jacks from? I want the same ones but have only found slightly different ones at Tractor Supply and Northern Tool. Thanks and great work!

Ryan Matthes

Adventurer and Explorer
Thanks for the info on the stabilizers.

Follow up question - have you had your trailer weighed yet? Just wondering what it is up to as built. Also, I will honestly admit, that your design and build on this is so impressive, I am pretty much building the same thing. What are the dimensions of your "box"?

jah310

Adventurer
Thanks for the info on the stabilizers.

Follow up question - have you had your trailer weighed yet? Just wondering what it is up to as built. Also, I will honestly admit, that your design and build on this is so impressive, I am pretty much building the same thing. What are the dimensions of your "box"?

Thanks for the complements man! There are so many awesome builds on this site you'll run into...so many great ideas.

I haven't had the trailer weighed yet. I'm hoping it's about 1,200 - 1500 pounds but we'll see.

As far as the box, it's 48 x 60 inches.

Let me know if you have any other questions...I'm more to happy to help where I can.

jah310

Adventurer
Took it for a test camp this weekend in SD. Worked great...Sleeping in the tent was awesome - my 13 month old and wife loved it. The hot shower was also super nice after a long beach day... Towed the 200 mile round trip without any issues. On the freeway I could hardly tell it was back there going 75mph. (Granted the route was mainly flat, but still it was a nice surprise).

3eremeza.jpg

agajavep.jpg

e4y6arem.jpg

se3amy4u.jpg

Need to finish up the air bags in time for our April Anza Borrego trip. That will be our off pavement test run. Can't wait!

Last edited:

lstamatis

Overland Traveler
It really looks great man. I have a rtt but this is such a better setup. Thanks for sharing and safe travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jah310

Adventurer
ymepama3.jpg

ajyte5e5.jpg

4u3a6eta.jpg

Got one installed. Has a little air leak I have to find ( I think at the fill valve). Any tips for finding them??

Last edited:

jah310

Adventurer
Thanks for the tip Mtn Climber. I think I found a leak coming from the valve stem. I adjusted it so hopefully that does the trick.

I also finished up mounting the other air bag. See the pictures below. I've yet to take it out for a spin, but from jumping up and down on the hitch, I feel it's going to be better balanced now. I could probably take out a few of the leafs now that the air bags are there, but I'll see how it all works before messing with the leaf pack. It will get a good testing next week in Anza.

apere3yj.jpg

hugytene.jpg

Last edited:

jah310

Adventurer
Made it out to Anza Borrego this weekend...Trailer did great! It was SUPER windy at night, but the tent held up...barely. The gusts were in th mid 30mph range. See pics below.

e5ejy4yt.jpg

ereqeqe2.jpg
ne4y8uda.jpg

7usy5yby.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven