Jeep Patriot

I think you have inspired me.

My wife currently drives an 01 Nissan Sentra with 93K on the clock. Its a great little car, fun to drive, and gets 25-34mpg(best and worst we've seen). We have taken a couple of trips in the car due to the MPG which, of course greatly limited our horizons.

In stock form, the Patriot would work great for my wife, and my intentions on our little trips.

I drive the Xterra and it gets 17 on a good day (21 was my best doing 45 or less for about 150miles on gravel roads. 13-21 best and worst)
I am contemplating an 80 series Land Cruiser, which has higher load capacity, seat more passengers, known reliability and longevity, and similar or only slightly worse gas mileage than the Xterra.

And from the look of it. The patriot is probably more capable (traction wise) offroad than the stock Xterra..... :Wow1:

hmmmmmmm
My hamster is running....

Last edited:

Willman

Another Congrads Scott!!!

I was looking in the new Petersen's 4Wheel (Aug 07, pg. 100) and saw this photo and writeup on the Patriot! Nice driving!!!!

expeditionswest said:
07_jeep_patriot_act_3_500.jpg

:26_7_2:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I spent a couple hours in one yesterday.. Good little truck, a whole lot of room inside and good little truck.. Ground clearance is sort of low, I don't know how they would hold up to real abuse, but good little truck.. I am 6'5 and couldn't believe how well I fit. The only thing that was odd was the shifting, got as high was 5500-6000 rpms on a brand new truck. Maybe something is off with the shifting. But good little unit...

Willman

expeditionswest said:
Thanks Wil,

I will be out on the Rubicon for most of August "playing" with Jeeps :wings:

Let us know if you are going to need helper:hehe:

As awalys......You have the best job out their!!:)

love2fear

so given the option between a 12 liberty and a 12 Patriot, which is the better option... we're looking to trade in my wives 06 libby and she wants a similar vehicle.

swift777

I would choose the new Patriot all day long. Oh course I'm a bit bias as I have a 2010 Patriot but I have driven Libby's & JK's and for me the Patriot as a daily driver wins everytime. Better leg/head room, tons of cargo space, cheaper, way better MPG, nicer ride..... the list goes on. I take mine on overland trips all the time and with the fold flat front seat I can easily sleep in her and have many times.

Attachments

• expo.jpg
    expo.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Corrola.jpg
    Corrola.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
so given the option between a 12 liberty and a 12 Patriot, which is the better option... we're looking to trade in my wives 06 libby and she wants a similar vehicle.
We've only put 4400 miles on our brand new Patriot, but I'm really impressed with it. We did drive the Liberty for two days on a demo and while I might like some points to the Liberty a touch better, the Patriot is just perfect for our needs. Our Patriot is the Latitude X version, fully loaded and has the Freedom Drive II system. It's only limited by clearance. We recently did a small section of off road with a stock 2005 Jeep Wrangler behind us. Our little Patriot did slightly better than the Wrangler...not sure why.

That said, this is a car where the Liberty feels more like an SUV. My only major complaint with the Liberty had to do with the fact it only gains a small amount of interior space, does have a tad more off road potential, but gets about 20% less fuel efficiency than the Patriot.

swift777

Cheers Scott,

she's currently having a 2.5 inch lift upgrade - other than that I plan to leave her alone, well maybe some skid plates too. Another great point about the Patriot is the cost of ownership, she's so cheap to buy and operate than I can actually afford to go places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner