JKJenn's Expedition Build Thread

HOOLIGAN

The 4x4 Podcast
looks good so far go to jk forum and look at the weight of bumpers. I had picked a warn bumper it was incredibly heavy and with a winch the whole set up was 260 lbs. That caused my suspension to gradually collapse over time and for a bout 2 years i drove around with a bout 1/2 inch of travel... but that was with a warn bumper since then I have put on OMe heavy duty springs and shocks and now it looks and rides right. I don't know what a rugged ridge bumper weighs so .... this is just an FYI my posts are under RJ'sjeep on jk forum you can see my frustrations

I would avoid JK forum. The only opinions you can get are products from paid supporting vendors and even then they have to be positive. There are tons of other forums that you can get unbiased opinions like JKOwners, Jeepforum, Wranglerforum, etc....

JKJenn

Adventurer
Great build.
I'm digging the Gobi rack, it looks extremely well build.
How was it to install?

Thanks.

Install was not hard, just time consuming. The hardest parts were those harder to reach areas, like the top rear of the rack and wind deflector, but it is all just a matter of patience, not difficult. I was a first time DIYer, so I am sure more experienced folks will breeze through it.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Added the RR billet grille inserts to protect the radiator:

2012-03-30_17-50-40_151.jpg

Received the solenoid mount plate from Poly Performace but either it doesn't fit or there is some special trick for mounting it. Contacted Poly Performance late yesterday.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Took the RTT out for a spin this weekend at Presque Isle. Of course, first night out we had a decent wind event. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4015-Edit-Edit-Edit-3.jpg
    IMG_4015-Edit-Edit-Edit-3.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 97

JKJenn

Adventurer
Little stuff

Doing some little stuff to get ready for my cross country trip.

• Finally got the mounting plate for the solenoid box on the Warn m8000
  • Added the breather extension
  • Flipped the direction of the RTT
  • Cleaned the sand out from my Lake Erie camp out.

Before my trip I still want to remove the back seat for added storage space and install the JKS Quicker Disconnects. I have the kit, just need some help installing them. I almost think I could do it myself but the torque always kills me and want some help with the tap and die for storage. I could end up stopping in Colorado to get the Quicker Disconnects done because of a lack of places near me that do mods.

ddog45

Adventurer
Did I miss the trans cooler installation part? My 2010 jk overheated the oill while pulling my adventure trailer on a trail while in four high?

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Well thought out build on your jeep.
2 questions... why did you choose the small awning and
It seems funny to me, that the brackets hold it so far away from the jeep. If you have a rain/snow event, you'll get a lot of water/snow running in that gap... I have a Garvin rack, and the longer awning, and the awning attaches snugly to the rack, so there is no gap at all? It your brackets that are holding it out there... if it is ever an issue, you could change that.
Sure is a nice looking rig.

Last edited:

JKJenn

Adventurer
Did I miss the trans cooler installation part? My 2010 jk overheated the oill while pulling my adventure trailer on a trail while in four high?

I am really glad I read about this issue early into Jeep ownership. I will be putting 5,000+ miles on the JK next month.

Well thought out build on your jeep.
2 questions... why did you choose the small awning and
It seems funny to me, that the brackets hold it so far away from the jeep. If you have a rain/snow event, you'll get a lot of water/snow running in that gap... I have a Garvin rack, and the longer awning, and the awning attaches snugly to the rack, so there is no gap at all? It your brackets that are holding it out there... if it is ever an issue, you could change that.
Sure is a nice looking rig.

Carolynn, thanks and great questions. I got a good deal on the awning used. I may upgrade eventually, but 2 can sit under it and if it rains, there is always a tarp. As for the brackets I can't say that I had considered this. I will have to ponder this.

Awesome build!! Love the RTT and Gobi. Very clean rig, awesome work dude!
Thanks! It's "dudette" :sombrero:

JKJenn

Adventurer
JKS Quicker Disconnects installed today thanks to a really nice Jeep owner (from Ireland) who lives in my area! Nearly ready to go west. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal