Land Cruiser 100 to Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: Capability? Comfort?

NFRs2000NYC

Adventurer
Yes it is the rampage recovery bumper. I have a 2014 rubicon now (traded in the 2012 you see in the pics)

62F11B37-EF28-4A38-8EE6-0B4D08957FBD_zpsvdkpbplf.jpg

CE3AE082-5080-44EE-B7A3-ECBD58C7903E_zpswyifszpz.jpg

dstock

Explorer
There is a video online somewhere, I think it's from one of the "JK-Experience" videos, where someone with that Rotopax setup came off a ledge and the bottom of the Rotopax contacted the edge of the ledge sending the top of the Rotopax into the back window, shattering it. I guess the Rotopax stick out just slightly more than the spare. I will post it if I can track it down.

NFRs2000NYC

Adventurer
There is a video online somewhere, I think it's from one of the "JK-Experience" videos, where someone with that Rotopax setup came off a ledge and the bottom of the Rotopax contacted the edge of the ledge sending the top of the Rotopax into the back window, shattering it. I guess the Rotopax stick out just slightly more than the spare. I will post it if I can track it down.

Yup, Im glad I saw that, so now I can pay attention to that, but in all honestly, the stuff they do on JKX is WAAAAY more hardcore than what I run, but nevertheless, great to know. Also, I think a smittybilt (or similar) beavertail will solve the issue shown in the video in 90% of the situations.

dstock

Explorer
Yup, Im glad I saw that, so now I can pay attention to that, but in all honestly, the stuff they do on JKX is WAAAAY more hardcore than what I run, but nevertheless, great to know. Also, I think a smittybilt (or similar) beavertail will solve the issue shown in the video in 90% of the situations.

Way to hardcore for me too! Just thought I would mention it, as you said, good to be filed in the "great to know" category! Nice looking JK you have there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal