LAND ROVER 6X4 140 (ex 101) 2.5L TDI left hand drive motorhome

TeriAnn

Explorer
pattersonimages said:
not mine, no relation.. just a cool find:

http://www.expeditionmotorhome.tk/

That is very close to the design I had in mind if I were to build up another Land Rover. Think a very similar exterior but powered by a Cummins 6BT turbo diesel. And possibly a Series IIB cab instead of a 101 cab. But the rolling chassis would be a stretched 101.

greenmeanie

Adventurer
TeriAnn,
I know of a dead 101 down in Tucson. The body is pretty knackered but the cab, chassis, drivetrain and axles are still there. Last time I spoke to him the owner was wanting $3800 for it which is silly money but then again I'm his captive market and I don't want it for anything other than a parts truck. I'm sure you could beat him down.

Tempted???

Cheers
Gregor

TeriAnn

Explorer
greenmeanie said:
TeriAnn,
I know of a dead 101 down in Tucson. The body is pretty knackered but the cab, chassis, drivetrain and axles are still there. Last time I spoke to him the owner was wanting $3800 for it which is silly money but then again I'm his captive market and I don't want it for anything other than a parts truck. I'm sure you could beat him down.

Tempted???

At this point it is just an idle day dream that I do not have money for and I'm happy with my Dormobile. Someone would have to make me an offer on my Dormie that I could not resist before I would be tempted to do more than idly daydream about a MKII Green Rover.

greenmeanie

Adventurer
Heh, I've seen you mention your dream a few times so thought I would see how tempting it was.

The good news is the 101 club in the UK is working towards getting new chassis built so you should be able to get a good core for your project for some time in the future.

The current Green Rover is many people's dream anyway.

Cheers
Gregor

pangaea

Adventurer
greenmeanie said:
TeriAnn,

It's a bit tempting for me. Have any pics available?

greenmeanie

Adventurer
I have 15 pictures if you want to PM me.

Its a 24V left hooker. I believe it was the truck used inthe film Bad Boys and was set up for a roll stunt. The rear body was damaged but the engine, cab and axles seem fine.

It would defintiely be a project.

If you are serious I'd need to send soem e-mails as I've lost the original contact details but could most likely find them again from some of my cronies.

Cheers
Gregor

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
TeriAnn said:
That is very close to the design I had in mind if I were to build up another Land Rover. Think a very similar exterior but powered by a Cummins 6BT turbo diesel. And possibly a Series IIB cab instead of a 101 cab. But the rolling chassis would be a stretched 101.
TeriAnn, I posted about a 109 FC in Alaska for $4k, but my post got deleted. :confused:
If you want to know more, email me on the LRO list.

greenmeanie

Adventurer
EricWS said:
I was just thinking that.

At that size, Newer Mog is the way to go IMO.

EwS

I agree that if money was not an object then the mog would be a better starting point but how much can you pick up a newer mog for? I bet it's quite a bit more than the 1500 gbp I can get a 101 ambi plus whatever that chassis/body extension conversion for.

Having said that, if you wanted the extra space of that thing there are so many ex military machines out there that can be had for next to nothing. I've always had a thing for M type Bedford 4 tonners, then theres a lot of potential in th eastern block trucks, especially the radio trucks with the insulated bodies.

If they kept the stock gearing in that truck it should push along OK. Not quickly but OK.

Cheers
Gregor

michaelgroves

Explorer
It does look nice and spacious, but I'm dubious about 6x4. It won't be very impressive off-road - far less capable than an otherwise identical 4x4.

michaelgroves

Explorer
greenmeanie said:
I've always had a thing for M type Bedford 4 tonners.

Me too! I took an M-type on a 9-month expedition through Africa (south to north) in the mid-nineties. It's a great workhorse. But it's a much bigger truck, at least twice the all-up weight of the 101. And even more uncivilised than a 101 - part-time 4x4, equally underpowered, no power steering (ouch), turning radius like an oil tanker.

Rgds,

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk