Lets see some full size pictures...

clandr1

Adventurer
heres my 1985 K5 with a fwd blazer model camperView attachment 187625
all stock for now

Nice rig. Don't go nuts with it - it is extremely capable in stock form. Lift kits seem to throw off the driveline geometry and can leave you with buyer's remorse.

I assume you have the 700R4 trans - I submit that 33" tires and 4.10 gears make for a perfect all around K5. Then again, I'm biased :)

mccustomize

Explorer
Nice rig! What sfa conversion are you running up front?

No kit, everything custom made

Deaver Bronco long travel coils
Engine hoop and coil towers
3 link with bushings on one end and Ballistic joints on the other end
bilstein 14" travel 5150s
"T" style steering with Ruff stuff rod ends and DOM tube and custom hi-steer
air bumps and straps
99 Dodge Dana 44
used the stock GM unit bearing hubs, GMT400 rotors and dodge calipers and lines

I was able to retain ABS and once I notch my trans crossmember and get the driveshaft lengthened I will be able to keep the auto trac as well and push button 4wd

The rear is just a shackle flip, longer shackles and 5.5" block for now. I will make a short build thread one night this week for it.

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Suppose I could add my "new" rig in here....

Put my tires/wheels off my diesel and cranked the bars. They are 285/75R17 terra grapplers on 17x8 rockstars +10 offset

And bought a new/used (demo) canopy. Leer 180cc, tinted glass, windoor on passenger side, fiberglass door and storage compartment on drivers side, reinforced roof, carpeted interior, and wide roof racks. I really lucked out on it, was demo'd for a year on a glass shop's truck. Has one scratch, and a bit dusty inside but it is optioned exactly as I would have ordered it other than the colour. Original price was $2706 plus tax, I paid $600 cash.

Got a bunch of plans for it, as time and money permits.

Oh yeah, and the diesel loves her new bald 245s and shiny chrome wheels.

D45

Explorer
Day 1: just picked up my, new to me, 2005 Excursion V10.
eraje6u5.jpg

y5uqybyb.jpg

Nice rig......what are the specs and plans for it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk