Lets see some full size pictures...

brs1986

Aviary Photo_131003172137838464.jpg
Aviary Photo_131003180867713454.jpg
Aviary Photo_131003181596006343.jpg
Aviary Photo_131003187659973897.jpg

2011 f150
waiting to put my 3" blocks on the rear this weekend.

Ill get some clearer updated pics up soon.

Last edited:

brs1986

I have a 2" level in the front. The front is actually 1\4" higher. 3" blocks raise rear ~1.5" which will put at ~1\4" less rake than factory just taller. Kinda hard to tell from the pictures I guess.

brs1986

That probably is true if you stack the new blocks on the factory blocks. However, if you remove the stock blocks that are over 1.5" thick (not exact measurement just a glance) and you inserts 3" block your effectively raise the rear a little less than 1.5". Take into account that my front level raised the truck 2.25 from factory and you have less rake still.

Start with 1.5" - 1.5" =0. Install 3" = 1.5" (factory) + 1.5" additional lift.

How about when I put them on ill measure and make sure Readylift isn't false advertising.

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Well, since your Ford comes with a block from the factory, that changes things. We were assuming you had no blocks in the back, like everything else that is factory fresh.

sent from a slablet

brs1986

no problem. yeah it is a 4x4 which comes with the block from the factory. I just finished and measured before and after. before was at 40" even and just at 42" after. a little more than what i thought. definitely finishes the truck off suspension wise for me at least. the only issue i have is that after the lift i noticed my passenger rear tires sticks out about an 1" further than my driver side rear. I have scoured the forums for an answer and all i can find is that its normal and how they come out of the factory. I don't see how it can be out of align since the leaf springs are bolted to the inside of the frame and the pins in the springs and the top of the axle line up and the blocks line up i am not sure where it could go wrong. any other ford owners notice this? I will definitly get an alignment but I just don't see where I went wrong. It drives fine, no vibration in the drive train or wheels.

Update: After measuring all clearances. Outside of frame to outside of wheels at 19" on both sides. Measuring the clearance between the bed and the inside of the rear bumper the bed is off center by 1.625 inch. My bed is crooked???

Last edited:

Raul B

Explorer
Got a deal on some take off raptor wheels (soon to be painted black) with some 35" general grabbers......
8ee5292edfadcaedd9b77d2f002e8fc1.jpg

4bytruckin

truck white bed.jpg
Basic desert crawler. 400 small block, sm465. d44's front and rear. Full time 4x4 with free spin front hubs. 1975 k10 with 85 front clip and custom flatbed . gets me places that most wont take a fullsize.

4bytruckin

truck bed.jpg

Its had a lot of changes since i bought it. newer bfg's on hummer h2 rims. 4 inch lift. bed was on it when i bought it as well as the cut fenders. I can fit 38's but the 35's are enough for what I do. currently getting the electrical worked out and maybe even getting a/c.

Nosferatu49534

Observer
I like the bed. :) I say if the tires work for what you want there's no need for bigger. Electrical sucks. I'm hoping to go mechanical injection pump on my truck to eliminate as much electrical as I can. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven