Lets see some "set up" Regular Camper shells

Quasimoto

Observer
How does that fuel tank tie into the trucks system?

I put a Tee in the main tank fill line and ran a 1/2" line w/ electric valve, Pump and filter from the Aux tank to it.
I also added a level sender to the Aux tank and put a second fuel guage in the A pillar grab handle from a SRT10 pickup.
I used a Jeep TJ Fill grommet and YJ Fill Neck Mounted in the DS of the canopy to fill and vent the tank ouside of the Canopy.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Got the biggest part of my storage cabinet build finished today. All out of left over scrap (warped) plywood. Storage on both sides, keeping the center open for truck use. Not sure if I'm going to build a sleeping platform. I want additional under bed storage, but as a cripple, I value the ability to sit upright inside. My daughter graduated to a queen size bed, so I have a spare twin mattress that fits in with room to spare. Yes, a real mattress, for a good nights sleep! My woodworking skills leave a lot to be desired, but it's together. All screwed, so I can take it out if need be. Don't laugh if you notice my doors aren't straight on the edges... Jig saw crapped out, had to use the Roto-Zip. That thing is near impossible to get a straight line with in plywood. It wants to follow the direction the bit spins and carve a curve... Oh, and my 17 year old son helped, so I can blame it on a learning experience...
Overall set up.

Cubby holes up front of the wheel wells.

House battery, distribution block, and ARB solenoids over one wheel well.

Craftsman toolbox (fully stocked) sits at the right rear.

Recovery strap, chains, etc in a cubby on the left.

Long top loading cabinet along the left side.

Shorter top loading storage cubby on the right.

Locking gun box suspended from the ceiling. This one professionally done.

Can't wait to load it up and give it a test run.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
My boss just gave me two of those Craftsman truck boxes for free! Glad to see someone else is also using them. I'm going to grind the rust off and refinish them with Chassis Saver and Monstaliner and bolt them in my bed when I do my bed liner. I'm doing a one side ladder rack at the same time to carry kayaks.

StrykerX

Great Lakes Xterras

Picked up my topper last weekend, ARE with toolbox sides. Now time for modifications.

Question to everyone, was thinking about mounting a shovel and axe on one side of the topper and traction plates onto the other side. Lockable mounts of course. Or do I just mount them on the inside of the topper. Thoughts?

Ozarker

You really want to mount dirty, muddy, wet stuff inside? That's a no brainer I'd say. Under a platform maybe but that stuff wouldn't be around my bedding, gadgets or personal items.

Nice set up! :)

mkitchen

Explorer
Nice job on the build

I like the tool box idea. Why didn't I think of that? It fun making something just the way you want it, eh?
Mikey

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
I agree with the other guy, mount inside when you're not on a trip. When you are setup to go then move them outside. Modular is my thought.

Picked up my topper last weekend, ARE with toolbox sides. Now time for modifications.

Question to everyone, was thinking about mounting a shovel and axe on one side of the topper and traction plates onto the other side. Lockable mounts of course. Or do I just mount them on the inside of the topper. Thoughts?

T&M Camping

It is not carpeted. I did 3 2x10 cut to fit in the notch's in the bed of the truck and some plywood over them as my plat form. I like the idea of a slip tank in there bec i got a 2002 F250 V10. But not sure if i want to mount it in bed or on a trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad