LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

Gonzzo

Observer
Just got it a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to really "camp" out in it. Pic was of the maiden one nighter at a local campground. I will be spending a week in it up near Mammoth for trout opener end of next month.
zuhubare.jpg

mvbeggs

Adventurer
RE: New AT Teardrop-
...... Perfect to store gear on the move: hard shell: weather and wind proof: zero setup. I'm sure the list goes on...anything not great about these?

Too early to tell. I've only spent 3 nights in the teardrop. So far, we like it. We came from a Chaser and we really like the teardrops's zero setup and easy access to the kitchen and frig.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Just got it a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to really "camp" out in it. Pic was of the maiden one nighter at a local campground. I will be spending a week in it up near Mammoth for trout opener end of next month.
zuhubare.jpg
Looks like a great little base camp! Tell us more...(make , model, etc.)

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
Here's my Lifetime Tent Trailer.

On the trail:

P1050034-2_zps6b186203.jpg

Detached at base camp:

P1050043-2_zps8f6d50f0.jpg

I really love this trailer. It's really light and compact when folded down, and it's absolutely huge when it's opened up.

RugerTrailer

The Trailer Guy
Had a great time camping near Moab during EJS. We had a beautiful campsite in Kane Creek Canyon. Had fun with the trailer on Top of the World and Hells Revenge.

View at camp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364661456.514179.jpg

Top of the World

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364661359.761817.jpg

Hells Revenge

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364661529.297865.jpg

Gonzzo

Observer
Looks like a great little base camp! Tell us more...(make , model, etc.)

Hey henryj, do I know you from somewhere else?.......maybe an s-10 forum?....maybe a crewcab s10 forum?......

Nice to see you again!.

As to the trailer, it's a 2010 Forest River, Rockwood 1640ltd. I got it from what turned out to be a fellow jeeper. He had it on consigment and I got it for a bargain. He threw in so much extra stuff I could probably build another trailer with it.

I couldn't be happier! .....
avasy9yr.jpg

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Hey henryj, do I know you from somewhere else?.......maybe an s-10 forum?....maybe a crewcab s10 forum?......

Nice to see you again!...
Indeed you do! LOl,small world. I never even looked at the name when I posted. I should have, as I might have recognized it. Love the Pop-up. I went that direction too. BLT Offroad Great to see you around and enjoying 4x4 offroad adventures :)
My S-10 crew cab is long gone, but I still keep the site alive S-10crewcab.net

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Just noticed I don't have a pic of our pop up deployed but here is a pic from a trip this past summer:
pull camper.jpg

It is a Rockwood 1640ltd. empty weight 1200#. It is very basic, no frills, no stove no sink, etc... basically a place to sleep and a table to sit at.

Would love to modify it someday for rougher trails, but realistically would move to an offroad dedicated trailer to do that.

Really enjoyed looking at this thread.

John

Oman4x4

Laurie Bridger
Not mine, but planning to do exactly this...

485245_10151360758592647_628752840_n.jpg

Will be doing the Brute conversion on a brand new frame so with the back-half of my Jeep and the original frame going spare, this just seems too obvious to not do it. :)

At this stage, I'm not sure how the trailer will be outfitted yet and for what purpose... as the Brute should have plenty of space and be set up for what i want - but for now thinking I'll give it the same attachment points for the RTT so it can be taken off the Brute and transferred accross when in use... also thinking matching tires with 2 full size spares. OEM TJ Fuel tanks on both sides of the trailer axle, so the trailer alone will give us 2 spare full tanks of gas, let alone any jerry cans carried.

Also thinking if the RTT stays on the Brute then the trailer would have the necessary racks to hold small kayaks or mountain bikes etc...

Would be interested to see if people could post not only pics of their trailers, but what they carry with them...

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
View attachment 152603View attachment 152604View attachment 152605View attachment 152606View attachment 152607
I picked up a new M416 Friday. It's in great shape the PO had some supports added to hold up the tarp on it and he drilled some holes in all 4 corner to drain it, but aside form that it ready to go. Not sure what my plan it but it lines up with my coupler perfect right now so no lift fro sure. I would like to put moab on it to match my JK but I don't know with the height perfect right now. This one is so nice though I might put it on ebay first to see is I can get a collector to bite. Not bad for a trade on a Browning 22 and a Eddystone 1917.

Nate

Longtallsally

Adventurer
This is from a recent trip to Death Valley. The Jeep continues to amaze me. We went up to Mendocino a couple weeks ago and with 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks, baby, mom, almost full water load, and a bike on the front, we still got over 15mpg. We're currently deciding where we'd leave the camper for our next Rubicon run this summer.

_DSC0144-L.jpg

_DSC0146-L.jpg

I really wanted to fab up a trailer and be all cool and the like, but when we started weighing having the baby and dogs with us, as well as a desire to have at least one of the motorcycles with us, and finally that I really don't have any interest in dragging a trailer through something like the Rubicon, this was the best option. Plus, at the price we got it, the cost was less than what most put in the nice adventure trailers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner