Lexus GX470 Expedition build

SGTCap

Adventurer
I can't speak intellegently on the quality of the wheels, but I can tell you they would look outstanding on your truck. Bronze looks awesome on dark vehicles.

boo471

Adventurer
I can't speak intellegently on the quality of the wheels, but I can tell you they would look outstanding on your truck. Bronze looks awesome on dark vehicles.

I don't know if anyone here has these wheels installed. But I hope they not only look good but that they will also stand up to more abuse than the stock wheels do. They seem pretty rigid and apparently they are manufactured in some fancy way making them a little stronger than wheels manufactured the old fashion way. But who knows. Only time will tell.

I'm heading of for the second of my 4 corners on Friday (Key west). I will pull the trigger on these when I get back. And than I will give them a review after some abuse.

Dude you have to put Method NVs on that truck.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...4CBA0EC16C4A4F29C8B3D.dtd404?tmn=NV&typ=Truck

Look what they did to Don's FJ :)
null_zps79c74b1d.jpg

More pics:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/158490-rock-49.html

Rebelord

Semper Fi
Key West? Let me know when you get down this way. Show you the Everglades and other area of interest. Plus we'll grab a beer or two.

Sent from my Moto X!

boo471

Adventurer
Key West? Let me know when you get down this way. Show you the Everglades and other area of interest. Plus we'll grab a beer or two.

Sent from my Moto X!

Sounds good! Some guidance from a local would be appreciated. And I do like beer.

NetDep

Adventurer
I sub'd this thread some time ago!! It is an awesome truck but what is even better is to see the skill and planning you do in the execution of the mods you have done. Also, that you listen to those who comment. Pretty amazing! Have gotten some good ideas for my meager Tacoma - dropping her off for 50" Rigid lightbar and two side lights -- even though you think it may be too much light (great pics by the way) I think for a lot of applications (from forests to the high deserts of E. Washington/Oregon) it will be great - not to mention the "cool" factor. Also - your input on the iPad is great -- will be adding a new Mini soon with ProClip mounting. Keep it coming and thank you for sharing!! And REALLY nice to see you actually get out in the woods with your family!! That is what it's all about --- can't wait for your expedition reports!!!

boo471

Adventurer
I sub'd this thread some time ago!! It is an awesome truck but what is even better is to see the skill and planning you do in the execution of the mods you have done. Also, that you listen to those who comment. Pretty amazing! Have gotten some good ideas for my meager Tacoma - dropping her off for 50" Rigid lightbar and two side lights -- even though you think it may be too much light (great pics by the way) I think for a lot of applications (from forests to the high deserts of E. Washington/Oregon) it will be great - not to mention the "cool" factor. Also - your input on the iPad is great -- will be adding a new Mini soon with ProClip mounting. Keep it coming and thank you for sharing!! And REALLY nice to see you actually get out in the woods with your family!! That is what it's all about --- can't wait for your expedition reports!!!

Thanks for the kind words! Well I do get a lot of great ideas in the comments so they are very much appreciated.

Well most folks like their light bars ( I seem to be one of the few that thinks they produce to much light) so I am positive that you will love it. And navigating with an iPad is awesome and a big help when going on the back country roads.

Thanks for the feedback and post a pic of you rig with the lights mounted (You have some really nice pictures on your flicr. And that trailer is sweeeeet)!

//Marten

Darklight777

A little late but I have the Level 8 Strike 6 wheels on my 4Runner and I love them. They have a very nice and easy to clean surface too. For the price and quality they're great. I to like the Method wheels but they are very pricey and allot of folks are running them. Thought I would give my feed back on Level 8's. Hope you enjoy your trip to Florida. I am origanlly from West Palm Beach or Wellington South Florida. It has been about 15 years though since I have seen the beautiful clear and blue shores & beaches.

Rebelord

Semper Fi
Nice!
If you have time. Venture in the Everglades National Park. There are quite a few hiking/walking trails to check out in there. Just be wary of any sunning snakes now that its cooler. Also the Shark Trail off of Hwy 41 is nice. Can bike it or walk it, but it is fairly long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3