Lone Peak Overland

BudLoomis

We'll get this baby mounted to my truck tomorrow morning, just making some final adjustments to the rear pop-out load bar. I will also get an interior pic to show how many supports there are for the roof skin. The roof skin is attached with some amazing VHB tape and a solid amount of waterproof, black rivets.

Antwon412

Maybe it’d be cool if we all start chiming in with some specific info.

Order #1294
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Ordered options:
Solar wiring port
Roof vent fan
2 x Grab Handles
LED & 12v lighting

Options I’ll be adding when confirming my order:
Juicebox
Load bars
Side lights
Awning mounts
Roof panel - white side on exterior

Last edited:

V1GiLaNtE

Order #28
2012 Toyota Tundra DC 6.5' Bed
Ordered options:
Solar wiring port (passenger side)
Roof vent fan (rear location)
4 x Grab Handles
LED & 12v lighting
Juicebox (passenger side)
Roof panel - white side facing out
Door panels - black side facing out

I'll add the latch lock pins when I get my install complete. I may also add a molle panel TBD.

I thought about adding the side lights, but I don't like that they become unusable once the door panels are open. I plan to mount some BD S2's just in front of the door panels on the t-track to provide usable light when at camp. I will wire those to a switch inside the cab and will pull power from my engine bay fuse block.

I'll be powering the camper with a Goal Zero 1500x and will add my own Renogy solar panel (175w) later as well.

Last edited:

1titanfan

Ok I’ll bite. Order#1248 and I’ve changed my mind on having the white side out. After seeing the build the amount of surface area left by installing 3-100watt panels is minimal. So 2-grab handles, roof vent, wiring + lights, no windows anywhere, 3-sets of awning mounts, 2-molle panels, juice box, I think that’s it maybe different when I hear the feedback from those who go before me. So when is #002 rolling out. Looking for more pics.

V1GiLaNtE

Ok I’ll bite. Order#1248 and I’ve changed my mind on having the white side out. After seeing the build the amount of surface area left by installing 3-100watt panels is minimal. So 2-grab handles, roof vent, wiring + lights, no windows anywhere, 3-sets of awning mounts, 2-molle panels, juice box, I think that’s it maybe different when I hear the feedback from those who go before me. So when is #002 rolling out. Looking for more pics.

What changed your mind about white side out? Or were you going to do all panels white side out?

1titanfan

I’ve talked to a lot of people about flexible panels and heat. First, sun and heat kill solar panels, I park my truck under a low carport so it rarely gets any sun or heat. If you look at the post with my truck you will see a 100 watt Renogy ridged panel which worked awesome and after 3+ years it was running at about 75% even in bad weather. I like the black on the outside solely for looks. The white would help with keeping the tent cool. The 3 panels will cover 75% of the roof anyway. So I’ll have 300 watts of solar, a 40amp Epever controller, a 2500 watt Vevor inverter and 2-105ah epoch lifepo batteries(not the same as L/P is offering, but the ones they are offering are excellent).

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Order #29
F-250 short bed crew
2 grab handles
Mole panel
High load bars
Vent fan
Gear Vault
Lighting and Juice Box
Heater port
Solar port