Lone Peak Overland

TexasSixSeven

Observer
That would pretty cool! I’m hoping to be down there as soon as it’s available for install. I’ll keep you posted when I get an install date.

1titanfan

Wow VA that’s a long drive I thought my drive from SoCal was long. I have been stripping my truck down and getting it ready and buying stuff for the new camper. I hope the weather holds for your trip back. I know the weather in Chesapeake can get a little nasty too. I spent a few months there in winter while my daughter was deployed. I have a 2020 Nissan titan pro 4x I’ll try to attach a pic. I don’t do facebook or any other media but if any of y’all do maybe you could let them know about this site.

Attachments

• IMG_3866.jpeg
    IMG_3866.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39

V1GiLaNtE

Wow VA that’s a long drive I thought my drive from SoCal was long. I have been stripping my truck down and getting it ready and buying stuff for the new camper. I hope the weather holds for your trip back. I know the weather in Chesapeake can get a little nasty too. I spent a few months there in winter while my daughter was deployed. I have a 2020 Nissan titan pro 4x I’ll try to attach a pic. I don’t do facebook or any other media but if any of y’all do maybe you could let them know about this site.

That’s awesome! Big thanks to your daughter for her service. I’m up in Richmond, but still a long haul. Where abouts in SoCal are you? I’m crashing with my buddy in SD. Just got up to Julian this weekend for some exploring.

1titanfan

I live in Rancho bernardo About 20 miles from Julian. you got to stop by Julian pie for a slice best pie in town. San Diego is really nice I’ve lived here all my life. The mountains and deserts are anywhere from 15 to 60 minute drive.there is some great off roading in the county. Enjoy your time here and keep us posted.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Stopped by the hospital to visit a buddy earlier, and this was parked at the front. Obviously not a Lone Peak, but dangit this Super Pacific equipped Tremor gave a glimpse into the future lol

Attachments

• 050461AB-C54C-4A4C-82E4-BF609E6ECDD6.jpeg
    050461AB-C54C-4A4C-82E4-BF609E6ECDD6.jpeg
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 31

Antwon412

We start our trip to Wenatchee, WA tomorrow for SN001 install! We'll send pics ASAP, probably Wednesday or Thursday.
Really interested to see some of the specifics about it. Especially the new set up he has for the rear overhang pop out. Just a good detailed video will be much appreciated by all of us who have one on order I’m sure.

Congrats man!

BudLoomis

Really interested to see some of the specifics about it. Especially the new set up he has for the rear overhang pop out. Just a good detailed video will be much appreciated by all of us who have one on order I’m sure.

Congrats man!
I will definitely get a good walk around and more details to the group. I have already seen and used the new load bar for the rear pop out. It's really nice. There is a simple, pull pin on each side to move the bar from the down position to the up (deployed position) and it locks in place very nicely. Then, to lower it you just pull both pins again and lower the bar onto the bed.PXL_20230826_144502948.jpg

Antwon412

Interesting how baggy looking the tent material is. I wonder if this will be tightened up on production versions

BudLoomis

Interesting how baggy looking the tent material is. I wonder if this will be tightened up on production versions
This is a sample tent, not the full production tent. It still needed some tweaks, but I can tell you, the tent was actually a lot tighter than it looks and tighter than other campers on the market that I've seen and used. We had some rough weather move in at the expo and this tent was not flapping like others I've seen.

MR E30

So it's just held out by its own weight? There isn't a bar that runs from the top of the pivoting piece to the top of the tent? Do you guy it down to the ground with rope and stakes?

If not, what keep this from flapping/moving/pivoting in the wind? Hard to believe that unsupported, this tent would be any better than even a soft shell in the wind, and certainly well below the wind performance of an actual wedge camper (which this is) whose fabric is pulled tight against the two rigid halves of the wedge.

BudLoomis

So it's just held out by its own weight? There isn't a bar that runs from the top of the pivoting piece to the top of the tent? Do you guy it down to the ground with rope and stakes?

If not, what keep this from flapping/moving/pivoting in the wind? Hard to believe that unsupported, this tent would be any better than even a soft shell in the wind, and certainly well below the wind performance of an actual wedge camper (which this is) whose fabric is pulled tight against the two rigid halves of the wedge.
The tension poles hinge and lock into place, pushing the popout portion toward the rear. you can see the interior is very taunt. the overall dimensions were a little different on the sample tent and so it was a little loose at the top.

jchasse

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comments, but per the post above: "There is a simple, pull pin on each side to move the bar from the down position to the up (deployed position) and it locks in place very nicely. Then, to lower it you just pull both pins again and lower the bar onto the bed."

Maybe the red "knob" thing you see at the bottom of the pic is the "pin"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl